Coach Speak: Diaz on how team handles adversity; Simpson leads UM's most productive unit

This defense is all about Willis. We all hoped he would be as good as McIntosh but he is better. He is the best DT we have had here since ....maybe Calias Cambell.

Hate to think what our D would be without him.
Campbell was not a DT at UM. Willis is our best DT since Wilfork.

Advertisement
Prepare for a nail bitter is all I got to say. The weather thing is overblown. Once you get moving around 40’s & 50’s is actually perfect football weather.

It was a great write up by Stefan, but the temperature is the first thing that jumped out to me. They are going to think they just landed in Alaska once they get off the plane.
They need to grow a pair....40s isn't that bad. I hated seeing the teams under Golden act like huge vaginas in the cold weather games. I was embarrassed for them.

Advertisement
I don't think there's any current Cane I want to see succeed more than Gerald Willis. Kid has EARNED his money and I can't wait to follow his NFL career.

“It’s just been fun watching his development,” Diaz said. “Like I said, for him to not play in those two games, and how much it hurt him… to have him out there in that game – that’s what you want your senior year to be. That’s why you come back for your senior year at the University of Miami – to dominate that game.

Woo boy shots fired

Advertisement
It was a great write up by Stefan, but the temperature is the first thing that jumped out to me. They are going to think they just landed in Alaska once they get off the plane.
This is a misnomer created by Radio's crew in that bowl game. We've won plenty in the cold since then.

Calais Campbell was a skinny *** DE at Miami he was underdeveloped here physically although he was still really good but not great. He didn’t really become the beast that he is now until he got to the NFL.

All time? Come on man. He can be in the convo with Sapp, Jerome Brown, Russell Maryland etc but let's let him finish the season.

Best DT since Wilfork but in terms of level of impact, he could be the best DT at UM all time by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Simpson brings a 2018 modern defensive line coaching style with him. He worked under Dan Quinn who was one of the best DL coaches on earth under both Rex Ryan and Pete Carroll.

Really happy for Willis, may he start the next string of elite 1st round DTs from this school.

Advertisement
Best impact since Wilfork, and it is starting to get to the level of Sapp’s disruption in 94. He was an absolute man possessed that year. Nearly stopped Nebraska and the option single handedly in the bowl.
This kid really turned things around. For the past two years he's made great decisions. So nice to see, he will be rewarded very soon. Congrats to him!

All time? Come on man. He can be in the convo with Sapp, Jerome Brown, Russell Maryland etc but let's let him finish the season.
I watched all those guys play and they were great but right now Willis has as many tackles for loss in 6 games as Sapp had in 11 games when he won the Nagurski award.

Advertisement
Back