Coach Speak: Diaz addresses state of the defense after practice

View as article
I concur with the thoughts that Knowles, Dean, and Rosier will be the most improved players on the team for this year. Add Choc to the mix as well. Having fantastic freshmen as backups, along with another Top 10 recruiting class will ensure that we are setup to continue excellence at/near par to what we used to have at the U. I think this year cements our place back in the upper echelon on college football, where we will reign in the Top 5/10 and play for CFP berths moving forward. It’s pretty much a far gone conclusion we’re taking the Coastal every year from here on out.
And one thing that’s different from the past and that’s that we don’t have to always be looking over our shoulder wondering if our coach will bolt somewhere else. CMR is all Cane until he retires.

Advertisement
Tito is also a guy who could barely crack the Illinois starting rotation. I expect him to be capable but not a difference maker.
That was last year. So much changes in a year. The self-realization that this is the last go-around may have motivated him to elevate his game. Either way, he seems to be playing at a high level enough to contend as a starter.

I think it's silly to pigeon hole players based on the past. What was everyone saying about Michael Jackson in 2016? Basically, an Al Golden recruit that shouldn't be on the roster. Now he's a preseason All-American. What a difference a year makes!!!

And one thing that’s different from the past and that’s that we don’t have to always be looking over our shoulder wondering if our coach will bolt somewhere else. CMR is all Cane until he retires.

We finally got a coach that wont bolt. Imagine Schelly, jimmy, or butch didnt leave. We'd have double digit rings by now...

Advertisement
Back