• Stroud

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Simpson

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

Juanka

TRANQUILO Y TROPICAL
Premium
We have no DL commits so far in 2021. I remember @Liberty City El saying this would be a monster class for DL back when we had coach Stroud. It's disappointing to see all these kids we were favorite to get, go elsewhere. Stroud was a monster recruiter.

Now I know we are 1-2 and all, but that's why you try to lock these kids in early as Stroud did with LT last year. **** near impossible getting Kelly and Stewart now.

IDK if it's a Manny thing or Simpson's call, but we have McCloud still starting, and Ford getting snaps over LT as well. Frustrating when you see Elijah show flashes and McCloud constantly getting done up. If it's not Simpson's call, does his opinion not hold weight? Why is he the assistant HC then? If it is his call, then this man is by far the worst position coach on this staff IMO. Forget evaluating HS talent, the man can't even evaluate the talent he has now.

Our DL which is the "DNA" of our team per Diaz, has taken a big step back IMO overall like every other unit of the team except kicking ST. I think we were better off with Stroud. Stroud like Baker got heat for that NC game last year, but we are still getting run all over by APP ST. and Mich. ST, so it's a Diaz issue after all. The only position play that had constantly been good under CMD now stinks too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I used my Maude powers and unbolded your OP. Hard on the eyes for the old people late at night.

Advertisement
What I’m realizing is that every thread is not the same - each has a different angle and unique way of saying Manny Sux.

Exactly! He has now officially jacked up the only unit that's been consistent too. Not the CA, but him all along.

Simpson is not a coach you retain IMO. Can’t **** the bed in recruiting you just can’t. Can’t imagine he doesn’t choose who plays on his unit either

Advertisement
I will admit I was negged to oblivion and called a troll 6 months ago when I said this. But remember Gerald Willis.

Strouds group was grossly undisciplined. He had 2 first round picks past 2 years too.

Simpson is a better DL coach. I do think Stroud was a better recruiter, but I don’t think Simpson is terrible at recruiting either.

He was a big time high school coach, I think he can relate to high school seniors. His issue is he has been a journeyman past 4 years, hard to develop relationships with recruits when you have been jumping around.

Last years team gave up 4.5 per rush, thus unit with less talent is giving up 3.96 per rush facing Alabama, App State, Michigan State all who can all run.

We are top 10 TFL this year also.

we dont have to discuss defensive assistants when youre players have to play in a trash scheme while the head coach refuses to practice live Tackling. i cant discuss michael schumacher being great if he would have driven for minardi instead of ferrari.

and its clear that the addition of certain assistants has shown no influence in trying to develop an outdated scheme that has been figured out. not even shoop has helped and people thought he would actually game plan.

the falcons only real bright spot on the defense was their d-line. that was literally it. i had high hopes for the d-line, but they havent been set up well to succeed, nobody is playing for one another, everyone is just trying to beat his man 1v1. its an egoistical, chaotic philosophy in a structured assignment sport where the best assignment team wins.

mannys trying to win his way. his way sucks and it has been proven time and time again. you could have any d-line coach in there and it wouldnt work... and the fact that we have two of the top assistant coaches in college football on two key positions, while the defense is falling apart week after week is kinda telling when you remember who the defensive coordinator is and what he took on this offseason.

Advertisement
I will admit I was negged to oblivion and called a troll 6 months ago when I said this. But remember Gerald Willis.
I’m with u man
I never understood the homer love fest for Simpson
These guys love to mention jhh but gloss over all his misses

Strouds group was grossly undisciplined. He had 2 first round picks past 2 years too.

Simpson is a better DL coach. I do think Stroud was a better recruiter, but I don’t think Simpson is terrible at recruiting either.

He was a big time high school coach, I think he can relate to high school seniors. His issue is he has been a journeyman past 4 years, hard to develop relationships with recruits when you have been jumping around.

Last years team gave up 4.5 per rush, thus unit with less talent is giving up 3.96 per rush facing Alabama, App State, Michigan State all who can all run.

We are top 10 TFL this year also.
This team is still grossly indisciplined
They still don’t know how to set an edge or play contain
They go crashing down wildly giving up massive cut back lanes

Advertisement
Our d-line is doing there jobs but our linebackers and safeties are missing tackles! The dline is playing disciplined as if seen for a while but we are not physical the point of attack

LOL look at our DL today and tell me Stroud was a monster recruiter. They got hot in the portal.
True. But, at least he got something in the portal. We need an upgrade over both of these names.

Advertisement
Back