Coach salaries.

Advertisement
Not saying we're not cheap, cause we most definitely are, but Jimbo was making 2.7M just 3 years ago and now he's making upwards of 4M. If Golden was a winner, I think our admin would up his salary but he's done nothing to deserve a raise.

Not saying we're not cheap, cause we most definitely are, but Jimbo was making 2.7M just 3 years ago and now he's making upwards of 4M. If Golden was a winner, I think our admin would up his salary but he's done nothing to deserve a raise.

Exactly. When we hired him he was the "next young upcoming coach". They never get paid huge money right away. Win and get paid is how it works. We haven't seen us pay a lot for coaches because our last 3 have been first time HC, or young unproven coaches.

You can also say that is why Butch and Jimmy left, because we didn't pay enough. But in reality it was because they wanted to be NFL coaches and who can blame them? Our coaches aren't leaving for bigger higher paying college jobs. That would be when I see an issue.

Now that being said, I don't expect us to go out and break the bank on a big coach after Golden. They will stick to the young, upcoming or whatever you want to call it. But I think once we find our guy, we will pay him a competitive amount.. maybe top 15-20 pay? Honestly, I'm glad Golden is where he is on the pay scale. If he was any higher everyone would be more ****ed than him making what he is now.

Advertisement

Exactly. When we hired him he was the "next young upcoming coach". They never get paid huge money right away. Win and get paid is how it works. We haven't seen us pay a lot for coaches because our last 3 have been first time HC, or young unproven coaches.

You can also say that is why Butch and Jimmy left, because we didn't pay enough. But in reality it was because they wanted to be NFL coaches and who can blame them? Our coaches aren't leaving for bigger higher paying college jobs. That would be when I see an issue.

Now that being said, I don't expect us to go out and break the bank on a big coach after Golden. They will stick to the young, upcoming or whatever you want to call it. But I think once we find our guy, we will pay him a competitive amount.. maybe top 15-20 pay? Honestly, I'm glad Golden is where he is on the pay scale. If he was any higher everyone would be more ****ed than him making what he is now.

When Jimmy, Dennis and Butch left you could NOT make this kind of money in college

Advertisement
Back