Coach Richt, Walton & more.. Spring Practice Presser 4/18/17

Seems like the competitive spirit is returning to Greentree. When you start to recruit top caliber players they are all going to want to play and fight for their playing time. We'll know when we're back, when fights start breaking out in practice.

Advertisement
How can anyone have a problem with what Mark was saying?

He's clearly hungry & motivated, he's a Beast & beasts need to eat...

What you saw from Walton is called, being ****ed off for greatness.

I agree, but the media will spin it like its all about him. Im all aboard the walton wagon. I need over 300yds going into Doak this year. With this schedule and a new qb, he will have plenty opportunities to feast.

Big fan of the confidence in the defensive interviews throughout the spring. They know they're going to be very good.

I think we all understand how mark1 is feeling and were basically saying the same things. You out there in that heat grinding eerday, watching the d mostly dominate; of course you want to do some bangin and explode on someone. I love the attitude and hunger like the next man, but we cant afford it right now. That's our mvp and maybe this will be his last year in skool, i would love to see him make it thru with no setbacks. Mark is what being a CANE is all about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't take Walton's words as reflecting a "me first" attitude. After all, there are no stats to pad in the spring. I get the impression he wants to be great, and only reps will help him get there. He also said he doesn't like being babied. I agree with yous that said this reflects his competitiveness. I like what I am hearing.

Walton is mad. And for all the right reasons, it looks like. I like what Richt is doing and I respect Walton's frustration. He's gonna take it out on defenses this year.

Walton wants the ball. Who cares I like it. The best skill position players in this sport have a whiny attitude like that from time to time. At least you know he won't be taking himself out of the FSU game on the final drive like Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
[TWEET]854366650459729920[/TWEET]
[TWEET]854392259109892097[/TWEET]
[TWEET]854373080998793216[/TWEET]

Advertisement
How can anyone have a problem with what Mark was saying?

He's clearly hungry & motivated, he's a Beast & beasts need to eat...

What you saw from Walton is called, being ****ed off for greatness.

Yes, he is a football player and a competitor. But he is also the key to this season offensively. He is going to get 250 carries and catch 40 or 50 balls. Quite honestly perfecting his pass pro is going to make him a better and more complete pro.

I love the fact he's ****ed off and it's not because he is being selfish. The kid is old school. When we have 85 Mark Walton's on our roster then you know we're the dominant program we used to be. We'll be pretty **** close once the 2018 class rolls in.

Advertisement
Back