Coach Richt, Searels & more Post Spring Game Presser 4/22/17

Advertisement
Richt took the blame for pick 6. Not enough deep balls thrown to back Young off from sitting on the timing route.

While I like the fact that he's backing up his guys, the fact that he even needs to do this in year 2 is at least a little concerning. Shouldn't he have knocked the play calling rust off last year?

Just a scrimmage

Yea, in this artificial 'game' with kids that have so much familiarity he might have forced the issue just because. I'm sure he didn't call this the way he would call a game against a true opponent, and our defense is built to be aggressive to a degree that most opponents won't be. And also certain guys that aren't here this spring (Harley, Thomas,) may naturally get more cushion for that type of route.

Well, I learned something today from CMR. The coaches can spend up to two hours per week meeting with players. I thought it was spring and done until fall as far as contact is concerned.

Is it possible - POSSIBLE - that when Fall Practice starts and we start the interviews - that we can maybe double or triple the frikkin' lawnmowers, yelling kids, trucks backing up, golf carts rattling, background folks yelling, and mumbling by the press?

Or at least turn and aim the microphones toward all this damned background noise? Maybe hold the interview in the machinery room - with compressors, pumps, and big fans kicking on and off - that could add a lot to the quality of the sound?

Or maybe at the take-off end of the runway at the airport? It could be epic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back