Coach Richt Post Practice Presser 9/17/17

Just sounds a little tired, I don't read anything else into it.

Agreed. Sounds tired and frustrated, and not sure where his team stands as he hasn't seen them on the field in two weeks and has a game to play Saturday. Seems like exactly how you'd expect him to feel. Hopefully he'll feel a lot better after Tuesday if his players are mature and have been doing the right things.

Advertisement
Glad to see they brought the loud equipment. I was thinking it was a little too quiet early in the interview.

Rick is either playing possum, or he's shook. Sounded beaten and full of doom. He was acting like players have been in induced comas for 2 years and lost all of their motor function. Jesucristo they had a fcking measly week off. That should have been good to recharge their batteries after a long grueling summer camp.

He does sound tired or possibly stressed. CMR is pretty honest with the media. If this were FSU week I could see the possum argument but I think he's legit concerned about our state. Makes sense to me too. This wasn't like a "bye" week where our players practiced and continued their training/conditioning. We should be good by the Duke game.

I missed 2 workouts as a result of Irma. No reason a bunch of 19-22 year olds couldn't keep sharp physically and mentally during one off week.

Agreed. Sounds tired and frustrated, and not sure where his team stands as he hasn't seen them on the field in two weeks and has a game to play Saturday. Seems like exactly how you'd expect him to feel. Hopefully he'll feel a lot better after Tuesday if his players are mature and have been doing the right things.

He can be tired and worried in private with his wife. He sets the tone and tempo for the team. In public, he needs to sack up and rally the troops. He starts weasling around looking and acting defeated and the team will follow his lead.

We'll see how the team reacts on Saturday. Hopefully, Rick will get himself together and quit looking and acting like a dead man walking. He's still got a week to get himself together and set a proper lead for his team.

I don't know if he's "playing possum" but I don't think he's shook or worried or anything like that, at least as far as actual gameday is concerned. I listened to the whole interview and it sounds to me like he's just in "Pastor Richt's Post-Hurricane Humble Pie Aww Shucks" mode. Talked most of the interview about taking care of the kids and their physical and mental well-being. I think the bit about conditioning is legit, but he did say we're going to have "regular" Tuesday-Friday practices - not to mention games against Toledo and Duke - to get back into things. ****, he flat out took a shot at Arky State when he was asked why they cancelled - something like "I didn't want our guys (players and staff) with family back in South Florida saying 'coach, what the heck are we doing in Arkansas? Why are we here?'"

I think Richt is fine, and I think the players will respond on Saturday.

Advertisement
CMR is a coach who first and foremost cares for his players and secondly knows what the **** he's doing. As a young player, he's your ideal coach. Any kid who'd rather play for Coach Doo Doo Teeth than CMR is not a smart kid.

Absolutely love our future with this man at the helm.

LIke he said at his press conference, it would take time, he has it down pat moving forward, can he win the big one? I for one are all in on Mark Richt!

I doubt what Richt says to the media is any reflection on team attitude in this case. He's probably just trying to be sensitive to the fans and public who have been hit Irma's worst, and perhaps some players' families are part of that audience. Either way, today is the day for them to gear up for Toledo and get their heads fully back in the game. They should be fired up and ready to go at this point.

Advertisement
As I said before, to me, he just sounded a little bit tired, nothing extreme and nothing more. I don't see a big deal at all.

With Rick, after watching him closely over the last year and a half, this is what you get: he's not pretentious and won't put on for the camera or anyone. When he talks, what you see is what you get. He is without artifice and pretense. Honest and straightforward. It's why his word is apparently universally trusted. There's not a shred of bullshīt in his bones. So, if after ten days of hurricane būll**** his voice sounds maybe a little tired, he's not going to put on some fake display of phony enthusiasm.

If the players aren't ready on Saturday it's because the coaches and themselves didn't prepare appropriately. They have enough time to work out the kinks and get ready. It won't be because Rick's voice maybe sounded tired.

He can be tired and worried in private with his wife. He sets the tone and tempo for the team. In public, he needs to sack up and rally the troops. He starts weasling around looking and acting defeated and the team will follow his lead.

We'll see how the team reacts on Saturday. Hopefully, Rick will get himself together and quit looking and acting like a dead man walking. He's still got a week to get himself together and set a proper lead for his team.
. A karate chop to your own throat. ( Very clever comeback by you.)

As I said before, to me, he just sounded a little bit tired, nothing extreme and nothing more. I don't see a big deal at all.

With Rick, after watching him closely over the last year and a half, this is what you get: he's not pretentious and won't put on for the camera or anyone. When he talks, what you see is what you get. He is without artifice and pretense. Honest and straightforward. It's why his word is apparently universally trusted. There's not a shred of bullshīt in his bones. So, if after ten days of hurricane būll**** his voice sounds maybe a little tired, he's not going to put on some fake display of phony enthusiasm.

If the players aren't ready on Saturday it's because the coaches and themselves didn't prepare appropriately. They have enough time to work out the kinks and get ready. It won't be because Rick's voice maybe sounded tired.

Has nothing to do with his voice quality. Has everything to do with all the talk about players not eating and deconditioning to the level of Brian London in one week.

Has nothing to do with his voice quality. Has everything to do with all the talk about players not eating and deconditioning to the level of Brian London in one week.

No excuses not to be ready. If you think they lost some conditioning, and are concerned with Toledo's fast break offense, you develop a game plan which mitigates that, whether with substitutions, strategies to slow them down, running the clock between plays, run game, whatever, you get the point. You game plan for it.

Just nothing in his voice or demeanor says to me that the players are going to pick up a defeatist attitude from him.

Advertisement

I understand what you're saying, I just don't understand why you're making such a big deal of it. The guy told the press what's up. It's who he is. What did you want him to do? You want him to go Nick Saban on the media and tell them he's going to call Toledo's coach and tell him how they're doing and the press can ask Toledo coach for details? The dude just told us all what's up, nothing more, nothing less. It's who he is. Many different kinds of coaches have had success, they don't all have to be the same snarling a-holes that Saban is, or the same slimy pom-pom waving bullsh!t artists like Dabo or Urban. CMR gotta CMR. The players aren't watching these press conferences, and if they are, they probably want to run through a brick wall for the man given how he backs them up and puts their best interests first. The time will come for more focus and fire when they get on the field.

To summarize, other than not having anything else to talk about, I don't understand why you are making such a big deal about this.

Advertisement
Back