Coach Richt on WQAM 7/30

Advertisement
I think Coach Richt got him some before that radio interview lol, man was he fired up or what? All kidding aside, what a great time for the University and the players who shall be donning the most famous U in the history of football. As Coach said we have all the makings for an unbeatable situation for the parents and especially the young men who come on board. Add to that all the former players coming out to meet/greet the recruits and put them through drills; how can you say no to the University of Miami? It’s going to be a special season this year I can feel in my bones....

I think Coach Richt got him some before that radio interview lol, man was he fired up or what? All kidding aside, what a great time for the University and the players who shall be donning the most famous U in the history of football. As Coach said we have all the makings for an unbeatable situation for the parents and especially the young men who come on board. Add to that all the former players coming out to meet/greet the recruits and put them through drills; how can you say no to the University of Miami? It’s going to be a special season this year I can feel in my bones....

Energy comes from the top, and he has always been cautious with his words and opinions for his teams, the believer believes!!

Advertisement
One thing I appreciate a lot about Richt, when he speaks to the media, I don't get the sense he's just shoveling us mounds of BS coach-speak like 95% of other coaches in America.

I know it’s not Richt’s MO to run up the score, but I’d really love to see us dominating the teams we are supposed to beat, like the old days.

Just like the days when the 2nd string or 3rd string OL and RBs are hungry and trying to score on a dive play when we are running clock. Or the DL and DBs are trying to score

I want this team to **** excellence again

I know it’s not Richt’s MO to run up the score, but I’d really love to see us dominating the teams we are supposed to beat, like the old days.

Just like the days when the 2nd string or 3rd string OL and RBs are hungry and trying to score on a dive play when we are running clock. Or the DL and DBs are trying to score

Yeah I want To run up the score every chance we get, because if it was the other way around and we was losing you know **** well they would

Advertisement

We didn't necessarily run up the score, our 2s and 3s were just better than everyone else's 1s

That has nothing to do with Coach Richt. It has to do with, in those days, the 2nd and 3rd team were better than the other team's 1st team, which had also already quit. So it was just a murder scene. Need to get the stacked depth to get to that point.

What I’ve noticed over the last 3 summers. Richt’s choice of words have dramatically changed.

1st year - we were really young and had no depth and you can sense from the words of Richt that he knew it was going to be a struggle

2nd Year - he had more optimism about the talent but still stressed lack of depth and mentioned our chance to be “very good”. We ended up having our greatest season in forever but the lack of depth did us in...

3rd year - he seems excited, loves our talent and says we finally have the type of depth that the great teams have, albeit it’s young talented depth. I really am feeling good about this year and Richt’s choice of words tell a tale about what’s to come. The IPF, dorms, stadium atmosphere, etc. it’s all coming together so nicely!

Plus there is always a different level of excitement when your first game is the type of opponent that lets you know right away what kind of team you got. Hard to get up when Bethune or Savannah St is your first game.

Its great for recruiting, its great national exposure and its great because you are the talk of the town out the gate week 1 if you beat LSU. And we are the only game on that entire day so all eyez on us. That's got to be exciting as a HC especially if you know you are going into the fight with a rocket launcher instead of a swiss army knife.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its probably been said ad nauseum around here, but.....

Man is it refreshing to have real **** coach and someone who understands what we are all about.

why wouldn't he be happy, he is not crying about those one or two that decided not to come or stay. He's focused on the 85 that decided to come, and we have tons of state of Miami talent on the team. yes we missed out, but we landed our fair share and then some. He also has complete control of the program and we are making huge positive changes to the facilities and other things that will allow our kids to feel good about the program and school and help them really work their craft!

Advertisement
Back