Coach Richt, Dugans & more... Post Practice Presser 8/4/17

We are still a year away from where we want to be with our depth at a couple of positions - TE and DT. TE will go from having a strong player at the 1 to having multiple difference makers in 2018. I agree with moving Langham and with getting more playmakers on the field.

Advertisement
Coach Richt talks about TE depth as if he didn't know that was going to happen.

Either move Langham to TE, or maybe not kick Haskins off the team for minor stuff.

I'm good with more 4 WR sets. We don't need to play like Stanford or Michigan with 2 TE bunch sets all night.
I agree, we have too many WR's to not use them as much as possible.

Think of the speed on the field with 4 wide, Richards, Thomas, deejay or Harley, and berrios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the warm-up videos, to the player comments, to CMR's comments ... It seems like Rosier will be the starter.

So, whoever it is on this site that's in charge of dropping anonymous positive feedback on what isn't public knowledge better get busy on fixing the narrative that's he's inaccurate and turnover prone. Because if y'all don't, this site is gonna be in "We hired Manny Diaz as the DC" mode when that becomes official ... And we all remember how that was.

Let's hope the results turn out the same, as well ...

I just can't understand why Playmaker can't get in junior's head about doing what needs to be done to contribute to the team. Maybe this is a motivation tactic for coach.

I just can't understand why Playmaker can't get in junior's head about doing what needs to be done to contribute to the team. Maybe this is a motivation tactic for coach.
Wut? Did you listen to your dad from the ages 15-30? Kids got to forge his own path. I'd argue this is more of a coaches responsibility at the point. Now, I'm not blaming the coaches, just saying they have HUGE influence (stating the obv).

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I heard a guy say it in another thread, Irving jr was driving a luxury car in high school. He doesn't have the dog in him that his old man had. Heck it's obvious still, look at Mike sr at camp he's still got that edge to him. The desire to get there isn't the same when your family is already loaded as it is when you have a kid coming from poverty. Hopefully he puts it together but the odds are against it.

Doubt it's "minor stuff" that gets a player kicked off the team.
It was smoking weed & missing a few classes.

I'm not saying you let a guy get away with whatever he wants, I fully understand Richt's policy & agree with it to an extent.

All I'm saying is, Richt shouldn't have any issues with the TE depth, either move Langham to TE or consider the lack of depth before you give Hask the boot.

That's how Richt is though...tight ship.

Really surprised the Langham move hasn't happened yet.

What's really the difference though. Most of the time Njoku was in the slot as opposed to inline. There's no way Langham can hold up as an inline tightend so what's really the difference what you call his position.

Instead of a 2nd TE, who can't play, split out, we insert one of our dynamic WRs. Problem solved. These guys who want to put a soft WR who can't beat out freshmans WRs at TE got me scratching my **** head.

Langham will never be an inline TE. So why waste time splitting him out calling him a TE when you can just put Jeff Thomas on the field?

These guys are crazy with this TE obsession.

Exactly right. Could the kid even block? That'd be my first question.

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back