Coach Richt, Diaz & more... Post Practice Presser 9/27/17

I trust Coach iaz to get this right. It's not his fault that our secondary is inexperienced.

We just prepared for this team 3 games ago. Hopefully that helps.
This is a big game no doubt.

We need to see improvement if this season is going to be a success. The key would be to be playing our best ball at the end of the season. We've got a lot of work to do but certainly enough talent to get there.

This is a huge game! Lose and we basically have to win out in the ACC to have a chance, dont see VT losing any other games except maybe to Clemson this weekend

At least our run defense isn't the issue. Allowing big yards on the ground is demoralizing.

This can be fixed. And I believe it will once these guys get more experience.

This all day long IMO. I would rather have someone Brady & Manning us than see a team rush for 250. Demoralizing is a great way to describe.

I'll be honest i'm not that concerned about what were seeing on D schematically. It might be a little cute, but we did face a VERY GOOD QB who was a GREAT decision maker so i can see why we'd want to disguise some things. The reason i refuse to panic is that we are putting hits on the QB on a lot of completions that are quick throws. If the QB was standing back there untouched that's one thing. Yes we need to tighten some things up with our coverages, but if QBs hesitate a second longer, make a read a half step slower, have a longer throwing motion, or waste any little amount of time back there it would be a sack.

The tackling needs to be better and that to me is your heart, get the F'in guy to the ground by any mean necessary. Don't let them punk you and stay up for a first down. When we begin to tackle like last year we will begin to look like last year.

Advertisement
The more I watch Rosier interviews the more I like him, he seems to have ice in his veins and I dig it. Also LOL at him bringing up all of the refs that got suspended for that game

This is an incredibly important game, if we plan on finally winning the Coastal this year, we absolutely have to beat Duke, Va Tech, GTech & one between Pitt/UNC.

Honestly, I hate to say it, because it's fūcking Duke, but, yes this is a huuuuge game. If we don't win, winning the Coastal, while not impossible, then becomes exponentially harder.

As awful as SMD is in pretty much every interview, I really want to strangle her more than ever as she incessantly asks questions about that **** kickoff return as if it happened last week. Somebody get her the **** away from players for everyone’s sake.

She is an idiot...why does the Herald keep her around?!? What a joke...Her asking about how important is the Duke game?!? Are you fücking kidding me!!?! Don't know how her daughter got into Princeton or wherever the fück she is going coming from that inept family tree...Peter, please take her job asap...

Last edited:
Also, why the **** were they grilling Coach Richt on the Basketball scandal, wanna see'em sweat or something?

3 questions in a row? The **** you trying get us indicted?

Smh, our media ****** sucks. The people that cover this team aside from Pete & BJack have no real interest in this team.

What do they fūcking expect him to say? What idiots!

A third grader would know that in that situation, Coach Rick, as coach of the football team would say pretty much nothing. There is absolutely nothing he can say. Other than some generic we support blah blah blah, if that. What idiots.

Advertisement
I wonder what SMD's salary is for the Herald...what, $55K a year? Is that how much you can make by being completely incompetent and a mouth breather as a journalist?!? don't tell me this less than mediocre example of sports journalism makes 6 figures...

Susan Miller Dykenan should quit so she can stay home with her 50 cats surrounded by piles of newspapers that reach the ceiling.

Susan Miller Dykenan should quit so she can stay home with her 50 cats surrounded by piles of newspapers that reach the ceiling.

Time to resurrect the cat gif:

IMG_5008.GIF

Advertisement
Also, why the **** were they grilling Coach Richt on the Basketball scandal, wanna see'em sweat or something?

Smh, our media ****** sucks. The people that cover this team aside from Pete & BJack have no real interest in this team.

A third grader would know that in that situation, Coach Rick, as coach of the football team would say pretty much nothing. There is absolutely nothing he can say. Other than some generic we support blah blah blah, if that. What idiots.
Exactly.

One general question can be expected, but they kept asking him as if they were trying to suggest something about Football recruiting.

You can tell by the way he answered the questions, that in his head he was like "Wtf?"

The scene is hot right now, Feds are crawling all over college sports, not saying a Presser would mean anything, but still, considering our past our media shouldn't even be asking about it.

Smh, our media ****in sucks. The people that cover this team aside from Pete & BJack have no real interest in this team.

Exactly.

One general question can be expected, but they kept asking him as if they were trying to suggest something about Football recruiting.

You can tell by the way he answered the questions, that in his head he was like "Wtf?"

The scene is hot right now, Feds are crawling all over college sports, not saying a Presser would mean anything, but still, considering our past our media shouldn't even be asking about it.

Funniest thing is that even though CMR basically said nothing of substance in response to these inquiries, there's an article in the Herald titled "UM’s Mark Richt weighs in on FBI’s college hoops probe and following rules"

UM?s Mark Richt weighs in on FBI?s college hoops probe and following rules | Miami Herald

Talk about reaching!!

Smh, our media ****in sucks. The people that cover this team aside from Pete & BJack have no real interest in this team.

Exactly.

Funniest thing is that even though CMR basically said nothing of substance in response to these inquiries, there's an article in the Herald titled "UM’s Mark Richt weighs in on FBI’s college hoops probe and following rules"

UM?s Mark Richt weighs in on FBI?s college hoops probe and following rules | Miami Herald

Talk about reaching!!

Must be a slow news day. I guess players kneeling during the anthem is becoming played out.

Diaz acknowledges it. It's all you can ask for as a fan.

I ask for acknowledgement and fixing the problem. Acknowledgement alone is insufficient.

Problem can't be fixed for our eyes until Friday, so acknowledgement is all you can ask for as an indicator that they are working to fix the problem at practices.

The problem was there during BCC, which was a month ago, and it got exploited more by Toledo. So I'm past the acknowledgement phase and deep into the "get it fixed" phase.

A month ago, yes, but also only three practices before Toledo which is critical to correct the mistakes

Advertisement
Diaz acknowledges it. It's all you can ask for as a fan.

I ask for acknowledgement and fixing the problem. Acknowledgement alone is insufficient.

Problem can't be fixed for our eyes until Friday, so acknowledgement is all you can ask for as an indicator that they are working to fix the problem at practices.

The problem was there during BCC, which was a month ago, and it got exploited more by Toledo. So I'm past the acknowledgement phase and deep into the "get it fixed" phase.

A month ago, yes, but also only three practices before Toledo which is critical to correct the mistakes

LOL

I wonder what SMD's salary is for the Herald...what, $55K a year? Is that how much you can make by being completely incompetent and a mouth breather as a journalist?!? don't tell me this less than mediocre example of sports journalism makes 6 figures...

If that dodo gets paid at all,she is sjubstantially over paid.

Advertisement
Our media does not give 2 ***** about our programs. Just because they are assigned to cover us does not mean they are fans or care. A program like ours being who we are brings positives for them whether we thrive or die. That's the reality. We have the power to serve as a springboard either way

I almost cannot watch these interviews any more, because I cringe at every question that is posed -- especially anything coming out of Susan's mouth. She has to be mildly retarded. Has to be. My 7 year old could facilitate a better interview than Susan by simply repeating the proverbial, "Why?" question over and over.

She knows absolutely zero about the sport. Has never posed one single insightful question - ever. And she's too dumb to know how to wing it with generic questions that could be percieved as value-add that would hide her ignorance: 'Coach, what's your biggest concern going into Game 3?' 'Coach, how do you feel that your Freshman are adjusting?' 'Coach, which aspect of the team has impressed you most thus far?' 'Coach, what's the psyche of the team right now?'

It's not that ******* hard even if you don't know **** about the sport that you are covering.

She is an absolute ******.

For now on, we on this board should be the ones submitting all questions.
Also, we should not lose to Duke in football more than once a century.

Advertisement
Back