Coach Richt 2nd Spring Scrimmage Presser 4/15/17

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;kcAYkF0Q5JU]https://youtu.be/kcAYkF0Q5JU[/video]

Advertisement
Nice to hear we are still struggling with blocked FG's.

Jokes aside looks like the RB's will be involved in the passing game a little more this year.

Last edited:
What I love hearing is that Mike Smith, Malek Young & Deejay have been ballin all Spring...

Especially Malek Young... That kid is going to be a beast for us, he stepped big time last year in the 2nd half of the season & made a bunch of key plays & he continues to develop.

He can be moved around amongst the CB's, once Delaney, Dean & Bandy get here he can play both outside Corner & Nickel, plus I think he'll be used the same way Diaz used Elder last year in this Defense.

He's got very good cover skills & is a pretty **** good tackler for his size.

Advertisement
QB Stats, don't really mean anything in the Spring, other than guys who know which plays to make.

If you're overreacting to QB stats in the Spring, I would simply advise you to wait until Fall camp before you have a heart attack.

Because that's when we'll know exactly who the 1's & 2's are, and if your starting QB is still struggling in the Fall when we're going full speed, then you have a legitimate reason to be nervous about road games in the ACC.

QB Stats, don't really mean anything in the Spring, other than guys who know which plays to make.

If you're overreacting to QB stats in the Spring, I would simply advise you to wait until Fall camp before you have a heart attack.

Because that's when we'll know exactly who the 1's & 2's are, and if your starting QB is still struggling in the Fall when we're going full speed, then you have a legitimate reason to be nervous about road games in the ACC.

This

If your starting QB is slinging it below 45% in a non-contact environment it makes me nervous.

Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter. Doesn't matter.

If your starting QB is slinging it below 45% in a non-contact environment it makes me nervous.

Yea, it actually does matter.

Advertisement

This

Yep

Last edited:

This

Yep. We're going live with the qb's, against a front seven that is possibly elite.

The qb's are actually getting belted , not sitting back in a red jersey dissecting the d. Remember Brad in that environment ? He was Peyton manning until billets were live.

I thought Rick said QB's were NOT live today.

This

Yep. We're going live with the qb's, against a front seven that is possibly elite.

The qb's are actually getting belted , not sitting back in a red jersey dissecting the d. Remember Brad in that environment ? He was Peyton manning until billets were live.

I thought Rick said QB's were NOT live today.

He did , I just watched video. My mistake

It nice to here ole Darrell Langham light has came on! Sheriff and the other QB not name rosier has play a college snap yet so I don't expect them to be playing like season vets! Right now I just want them to build confidence and use to the speed of the game! Then let things just slow down to them and they should be fine They just need reps! I love what young is doing causing competition back there in that back end!

Advertisement

I agree, it's not good to hear... I'm simply saying, I would wait til Fall camp to see how these guys look before I hit the panic button.

I get that everyone wants to see a QB emerge but typically the defense is always ahead of the offense. Just remember some of the horrendous spring reports when Dorsey was QB.

If the offense (particularly one with green, unestablished, QBs) is marching up and down the field, I'm concerned.

Advertisement
Back