Coach Possibilities

Canesfrom

Sophomore
Premium
I've heard the following so far...

Butch - longshot. Not never, but ****ed a bunch of guys off. Some people think he's too old. Havent heard much about the UNC issue, but probably would play.
Trestman - please no, but was one of two finalists the last time around. One trustee mentioned his name.
Shula - please no, i've never seen him succeed. but he's in Carolina now?
Hue Jackson - interesting candidate and has contacted us in past
Stoops - history with the program although some KY fans dont like him
Schiano - would definitely listen, but not sure i want him. How many big wins did he have at Rutgers? Is he tainted?
Chud - i like, but needs the energy/commitment for the canes
Cristobal - could be easy way out, but i dont think he gets hired in the end. they will want a winner
Fuentes - Very intriguing hire here. Latin influence would play great here.

lot of possibilities. I am hoping for Butch, Chud, Fuentes, Jackson or Stops.

Advertisement
For me personally:

Tier 1:

Fuentes
Herman
Butch

Tier 2:

Chud
Schiano
Hue Jackson
Trestman
Stoops

No effing way

Shula
Cristobal

Why stoops 4-9 in the Sec and avg margin of victory this year is 7 when they win (including Eastern Kentucky and ULL)

Advertisement

Butch - longshot. Not never, but ****ed a bunch of guys off. Some people think he's too old. Havent heard much about the UNC issue, but probably would play.
Trestman - please no, but was one of two finalists the last time around. One trustee mentioned his name.
Schiano - would definitely listen, but not sure i want him. How many big wins did he have at Rutgers? Is he tainted?
Cristobal - could be easy way out, but i dont think he gets hired in the end. they will want a winner

Awful

Don't want Stoops. I attended Kentucky vs. Eastern Kentucky two days after watching the Canes debacle at Cincinnati. Kentucky was pushed around in that game, not prepared at all. At one point the rushing yardage was 180 to 21 favoring Eastern Kentucky. It was actually a fluke that they lost, after leading 27 - 13 with 7 minutes remaining. Kentucky tied the game inside a minute on a 4th down fade pass after the defender fell down, then won in overtime. I got more than I bargained for when I decided to attend that game. Kentucky was favored by 28.

It's an understatement to say some Kentucky fans don't like Stoops. They were grumbling to me about the same type of mistakes game after game, and how it burned them against Florida a few weeks earlier.

If anything, I would look at some of the young assistants or strength and conditioning guys in the Eastern Kentucky program. You might be able to steal something cheap. That team was full of barrel chested tough linemen on both sides of the ball. I was shocked when they were on the field for pregame warmups, and it carried over to the game itself. They sacked the Kentucky quarterback numerous times.

We can only hope the Bengals and Panthers make runs in the playoffs. I'm hoping that doesn't allow Miami to truly get a feel for Hue Jackson or Shula. Please God no. I would take Jackson over Shula if I had to pick though. Neither in my top 10.

Advertisement

Where did you hear this names???
NOBODY has mentioned Tressman or Shula!!

Trestman was thrown around prior to Golden being hired. Shula is being thrown around now. I've heard some people say Blake has Shula high on his list. Pete even tweeted about it about an hour ago.

Trestman was thrown around prior to Golden being hired. Shula is being thrown around now. I've heard some people say Blake has Shula high on his list. Pete even tweeted about it about an hour ago.

Thrown around by who?
Who are these "some people"?

Advertisement

Thrown around by who?

trustees. i doubt Trestman will happen, but Kosar loves him.

LOL @ Trustees.

That write up was horrible btw.

Butch
Herman
Fuente
Hue Jackson

Anyone considering Shula, Trestman, Chud, Schiano, and Cristobal is basically hoping the death penalty on the UM program.

1. Butch
2. Herman
3. Hue Jackson
It should never get pass those 3 as butch will accept the job. It blows my mind that Mario or fn mike shulas name would even be brought up.

Advertisement

Thrown around by who?

trustees. i doubt Trestman will happen, but Kosar loves him.

Isn't Trestman really popular with the Schnelly/Jimmy Canes?

In this thread, of all the coach names, are any

1. Better than Butch?
2. Equal to Butch?

Fuggetabouit!

Advertisement
Back