Coach O

hows he gonna do when he has to find his own QB and not reap the last regimes top tier QB

You think he is being successful solely based on his QB?

I guess anything to make you feel better about hating him.

Did you feel the same about JT when he came back?

Advertisement
Stop it, Coach O is just as crappy as he's always been, the only difference is that now LSU is putting all their resources into covering his shortcomings. They have built one of the best staffs around, and they have the money to hold onto the major parts. O is basically a loud figurehead, and living proof that with the right people making decisions, you can have a mediocre guy running a program, and still win big.

You think he is being successful solely based on his QB?

I guess anything to make you feel better about hating him.

Did you feel the same about JT when he came back?

JTs been pretty **** this year aside from the VT game. hes been largely invisible or non impactful this year. e

1571610083172.gif

Advertisement
Stop it, Coach O is just as crappy as he's always been, the only difference is that now LSU is putting all their resources into covering his shortcomings. They have built one of the best staffs around, and they have the money to hold onto the major parts. O is basically a loud figurehead, and living proof that with the right people making decisions, you can have a mediocre guy running a program, and still win big.

so Coach O had nothing to do with getting Brady and changing what wasn’t working?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
so Coach O had nothing to do with getting Brady and changing what wasn’t working?

Go Canes!

O isn't really the power in that program, there are others that do the actual thinking. You really think that Ed Orgeron, who failed miserably at Ole Miss, who was not hireable by any other major program magically figured it out only when he got to Baton Rouge? I doubt it, I think that him being a mere figurehead, while LSU pours money into putting together the best staff they can find is a more likely explanation. With Brady's ties to the Saints, I wouldn't be shocked if someone higher up in the booster group who has ties to the Saints made the move, and Ed merely rubber stamped it. Remember, Ed had Emmlinger as OC, that dude was mediocre to say the least. Orgeron is merely a modern example of Bobby Collins. In other words, someone that lets the machinery work with little interference. It works perfectly because Orgeron knows that LSU is the ONLY school out there that would have hired him for this gig.

What world do you live in where manny turns this around?

It is a miracle if his recruiting clas stays above 50th and the portal may break with Canes entering.
Tha same world where Ed O did it. Not predicting it will happen but it would be nice

I may be wrong, but wasn’t Ogeron on the Saints staff after his successful stint at USC? Maybe he knew Brady’s work? Seems like you’re making some big assumptions. The guy has been around some successful programs and learned some things along the way. He gets paid a nice chunk of change to be a figure head and having met the man and spent time with him, he’s not the type to sit in the corner and be told to keep quiet while some else makes all the decisions.

Go Canes!

O isn't really the power in that program, there are others that do the actual thinking. You really think that Ed Orgeron, who failed miserably at Ole Miss, who was not hireable by any other major program magically figured it out only when he got to Baton Rouge? I doubt it, I think that him being a mere figurehead, while LSU pours money into putting together the best staff they can find is a more likely explanation. With Brady's ties to the Saints, I wouldn't be shocked if someone higher up in the booster group who has ties to the Saints made the move, and Ed merely rubber stamped it. Remember, Ed had Emmlinger as OC, that dude was mediocre to say the least. Orgeron is merely a modern example of Bobby Collins. In other words, someone that lets the machinery work with little interference. It works perfectly because Orgeron knows that LSU is the ONLY school out there that would have hired him for this gig.

I posted a response below.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
LSU fans wanted to murder Coach O his first season there. He made the changes. Now they’re great.

Yup. Pretty nice to have that budget, too.

Richt wanted Dave Aranda for defensive coordinator. LSU threw $2.5M a year his way, along with a job at a premier SEC and off he went. Richt settled on Manny Diaz as a second choice.

Orgeron can add whoever he wants to his staff as LSU has deep-*** pockets and boosters who will write check after check to keep that program rolling.

Miami fans run GoFundMe campaigns for $495 banners to trash the AD—and the organizer still needed to throw in the final $40 to get it over the hump.

Notice any difference here?

Oh yeah, and Les Miles left LSU in great shape talent-wise. One down-ish year recruiting during transition; #18, or something. Outside that, perennial Top 10 and even Top 5 classes. That helps, too.

it took failing on matt canada and hiring joe brady, but he turned it around. paying aranda more than anyone else helps even tho the LSU d isnt good this year
They lost some good players but with how fast that offense plays this year, regression was inevitable.

Advertisement
Ed Orgeron's ability to scrap whats not working and go find something that will is why he is now such a good head coach.

The Shrimp Boat Cap'n and LSU are a match made in heaven, it seems.

I lived in BR for a decade recently. If you think we get ****ed at the thought of wasting years on a good defense with a talented but subpar offense, you weren’t there for the end of the Les Miles era and that start of the Coach O era. These guys ran Cam Cameron out after one year and it was a miracle he lasted that long. Burrow even looked pedestrian at times before he took off last year. LSU is a good blueprint for what is possible, especially with the AD issues and offensive philosophies being outdated. Not sure our admin cares enough to follow any route to success at the moment though.
Everyone on this board touting coach O is conveniently forgetting it took coach O YEARS to make these changes. How many years did he lose to Alabama trying to line up and smash mouth them? Manny has had half a year, and the only way we find out if he's going to change things is give him some time.

If we don't see improvement next year, I'm with everyone on the anti manny wagon

Coach O went and got real coordinators. As a good CEO, you have to be able to hire talent and recruit the elite. Mandy is flunking with both.

Advertisement
Back