Coach Mark Richt Event.

Good morning CanesFam,

This is Demetrius Jackson, and I’m informing you about the fundraising luncheon I’m having as apart of my campaign. Coach Mark Richt and myself will be having a conversation about football, life, and social issues in the community. This event will take place June 22nd, seating capacity is limited and people are already RSVPing. If your interested in being on the host committee for this amazing event, please follow the instructions in the letter I’m about to attach please. Also, know we just had a young man gunned down in our streets yesterday who was about to make it his way to college, this is why I’m running to create stronger laws and resources for our young men and women in our urban communities. Also, if you want to donate to my campaign to help me reach this goal, please do so, I’ll list my website below. And thanks CanesFam, know that I’m very thankful for everyone 🙌🏾

www.votedemetriusjackson.com

Attachments

• 0852107C-AFC0-4E20-B8C4-68905DEA1C74.jpeg
    0852107C-AFC0-4E20-B8C4-68905DEA1C74.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 62
Advertisement
luv ya D. Good luck to ya. just can't vote for a democrat....

I have never understood this train of thought. Why do you have to ALWAYS vote your party lines? Why not vote for the best candidate that aligns with your beliefs and who has the best policies? You can’t tell me that every republican that has ever ran for a seat has the best game plan. Same can be said for people who ONLY vote democrat. These beliefs are absurd and what hold this country back. I know there is roughly 20% on each side in these extreme categories and it is the middle 60% (swing) voters who really decide elections.

Good luck DJack on your endeavors.

Last edited:
I have never understood this train of thought. Why do you have to ALWAYS vote your party lines? Why not vote for the best candidate that aligns with your beliefs and who has the best policies? You can’t tell me that every republican that has ever ran for a seat has the best game plan. Same can be said for people who ONLY vote democrat. These beliefs are absurd and what hold this country back. I know there is only 20% on each side in these extreme categories and it is the middle 60% (swing) voters who really decide elections.

I couldn't agree more. It's an antiquated mindset and is so detrimental to simple political discourse in our country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My goodness people, why can't you just say good luck, thanks for being a great Cane and leader and if your going to help then do it and if you're not keep it moving 😁.

I think the only one that was out of line was the "you are not on the political team I route for" one. Even that one said I love you and good luck.

Don't think my question was out of line?

I think the one talking about the optics of a username is good. Especially if interested in politics.

Advertisement
I have never understood this train of thought. Why do you have to ALWAYS vote your party lines? Why not vote for the best candidate that aligns with your beliefs and who has the best policies? You can’t tell me that every republican that has ever ran for a seat has the best game plan. Same can be said for people who ONLY vote democrat. These beliefs are absurd and what hold this country back. I know there is roughly 20% on each side in these extreme categories and it is the middle 60% (swing) voters who really decide elections.

I bet you he typed that thought without any type of trolling in mind. 😏

If you are a registered Democrat or Republican, you can only vote for your respective party when it comes to elections of government officials not including the Presidency. So what he is saying is that he's likely a registered Republican and his ballot will not have democratic nominee choices on it based on part affiliation.

If you are a registered Democrat or Republican, you can only vote for your respective party when it comes to elections of government officials not including the Presidency. So what he is saying is that he's likely a registered Republican and his ballot will not have democratic nominee choices on it based on part affiliation.

Say what? Y’alls ballots in Florida only have your party nominees on it? That doesn’t make any sense

Advertisement
Huh. Never heard of this. I know you can check one box to vote your party line but never heard there are no other options. What states is this in?
The ones with closed primaries such as Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Oregon and Wyoming

I couldn't agree more. It's an antiquated mindset and is so detrimental to simple political discourse in our country.

Actually, it is the dismissing of what someone thinks or believes because it differs from your own that is so detrimental to discourse. You cannot have discourse by starting by dismissing someone. Voting party line is common for many. I am NPA myself and frequently find myself unable to vote for either candidate. Years ago you could find candidates for both parties who had independent ideas. That has gotten rare today.

I am mostly a social conceservative and fiscal liberal(actually a Henry Ford capitalist). That is a tough fit in either party. Throw in a strong negative feeling about “free trade” and it is hard to find a candidate. — until Trump that is. All that said, I would vote for my Cane brother if in his district regardless of his party, because, well, family trumps all except God.

Advertisement
Say what? Y’alls ballots in Florida only have your party nominees on it? That doesn’t make any sense
I'm actually in California, but the ballot for congressional picks and Senators etc only include your party's primary candidates if you are affiliated. I am non-affiliated so, I can't vote in the congressional races for either party.

Edit: Correction, I think I phrased it wrong, but when it comes to voting in the Primary's for either party, you can only vote for the party candidates that you are affiliated with (Dem, Republican). In the General election, you can vote any party's candidate. So, in the case of the above poster, he must be a registered Republican and hence, can't vote for DJAX during the Democratic primary's for congressional districts. Now, if DJAX wins his primary and gets on the ballot for the general election for his congressional district, the above poster could technically vote for him.

Last edited:
I'm actually in California, but the ballot for congressional picks and Senators etc only include your party's primary candidates if you are affiliated. I am non-affiliated so, I can't vote in the congressional races for either party.

Edit: Correction, I think I phrased it wrong, but when it comes to voting in the Primary's for either party, you can only vote for the party candidates that you are affiliated with (Dem, Republican). In the General election, you can vote any party's candidate. So, in the case of the above poster, he must be a registered Republican and hence, can't vote for DJAX during the Democratic primary's for congressional districts. Now, if DJAX wins his primary and gets on the ballot for the general election for his congressional district, the above poster could technically vote for him.

Ok that’s more like it. If you are talking the primary you are correct. I took it as a general election comment haha

God I hate this board sometimes.

Former Cane comes on here trying to do some positive things for his community and the thread gets derailed with bull crap in milliseconds.

Advertisement
Back