Coach Larranaga Media Availability 12.17.18

Da_Lucky_One

All ACC

My notes from the media session.

1. Miami should get an update on Dewan's eligibility status today. (Lawyers are great motivators)
2. Rodney Miller will redshirt this season no matter what. There will be more playing time for him next season?
3. Currently, the Canes do not have enough subs, especially in the frontcourt. Definitely need 13 scholarship players.
4. Anthony Mack is behind in experience but Coach L is not ready to play him to give him any experience. Interesting.
5. This is Coach Larranaga's most challenging season. These are his words. I can feel his pain.
6. Too many holes and no one to fill them on the roster. Definitely need 13 scholarship players.
7. If eligible, Dewan will play on Wednesday.
8. Anthony Lawrence cannot play the 3 due to the roster. Definitely need 13 scholarship players.
9. Team spirit is still high despite the 4 game losing streak. Nirvana. Sorry, that's teen spirit.
10. Still recruiting and Coach L would like to add 5 more guys. More freshman and possible grad transfers coming.

Advertisement
He sounds defeated about recruiting
That's because he got screwed with the FBI crap,killed all the momentum he had in recruiting and he had the ball rolling. More reason for the BJ and the athletic dept not to do what they did with Dewan.

I can't even watch that. Feel bad for the guy. I hope he has 2-3 more seasons of coaching left in him to turn this back around.

I can't even watch that. Feel bad for the guy. I hope he has 2-3 more seasons of coaching left in him to turn this back around.

Unfortunately when your own dipchit athletic director intentionally makes things more difficult, it is harder to turn things around.

Here is to the season that never had a chance!

Advertisement
Listening to this, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he retired in the next year or two

******* shame. **** the FBI

Advertisement
Unfortunately when your own dipchit athletic director intentionally makes things more difficult, it is harder to turn things around.

Here is to the season that never had a chance!

Yeah, right, it's the AD's fault. That makes perfect sense.

I'm surprised he didn't say last season was his most difficult. He spent a lot of that season twisting in the wind, not knowing his exposure and having his reputation shredded. This season it's only wins and losses.

Advertisement
Whose fault is it?
We don't know lots of details important to that. It's reasonably likely Dewan contacted that same Attorney some weeks ago and was told "wait until mid-December, if no news by then I'll take the case on some sort of consignment". That would make reasonable sense. Yeah, it must be tough for a kid not allowed to work (collegiate) and not from Beverly Hills to simply "hire an attorney". Maybe if he were First Round Material... but not everyone is.

I'm surprised he didn't say last season was his most difficult. He spent a lot of that season twisting in the wind, not knowing his exposure and having his reputation shredded. This season it's only wins and losses.
I never believed Coach L did what he was being accused of doing. Anyone who knows him, knew it was total BS and it was.

I agree CT. I never doubted him.

But ... when I saw him interviewed last season, his whole demeanor was so different. The stress of the situiation he found himself in was written all over his face.

Advertisement
I agree CT. I never doubted him.

But ... when I saw him interviewed last season, his whole demeanor was so different. The stress of the situiation he found himself in was written all over his face.

It was probably like being accused of sexual harassment.... you are looked at as guilty whether it is true or not... and you are fighting your way out of a hole from the beginning

Advertisement
Back