Coach L should be ACC Coach of year

Advertisement
With the turnaround Miami has done this season, I don't think there's any question Larranaga should definitely be in consideration for ACC's Coach of the Year. Not only were many expecting Miami to finish at or near the bottom of the conference, but after the ugly start to the season this team did a complete 180 turn. Glad to see it and happy to see him back to his old self. Last few years he looked like he was on his death bed. Good for him!

Advertisement
Good luck with that proclamation on this board.

90% of the experts here called the fbi investigation excuses while demanding Coach L be put out to pasture
So called experts as basketball experts nationwide beg to differ

Advertisement
With the turnaround Miami has done this season, I don't think there's any question Larranaga should definitely be in consideration for ACC's Coach of the Year. Not only were many expecting Miami to finish at or near the bottom of the conference, but after the ugly start to the season this team did a complete 180 turn. Glad to see it and happy to see him back to his old self. Last few years he looked like he was on his death bed. Good for him!

True, but Coach K is gonna win this year, it's his "gold watch" award...

EDIT: dammit, I just saw nobeastofburden's post. Great minds...

If not for the extra Covid year for the seniors he might not have been able to field a team this year.
True but let’s be glad we’re not talking about firing a football and hoops coach in the same year.

Advertisement
Cant win a home game against VT, for sure coach of the year. to be fair, i wont break stride, this team is bad. i was wrong though i prediced this team wouldnt win more than 4 conferences game before the season started. i will eat crow, i aslo failed to realize how bad the ACC would be

Advertisement
Everyone on here crowning Coach L coach of the year. Seriously?!?! Has he overachieved with this team or is the ACC that horribly bad? I would lean towards the 2nd half of that question. Losses to FSU (2x), cant beat a horrible VA team, loss to VT. I love the Canes, but really, this team isn't making it out of the first round of the NCAA Tournament. You guys are way too excited over 20 wins in quite possibly the easiest schedule ever.

This team is full of players that could live in the Villages. My buddy calls them “The Geriatric Kids”. We have experience, but not a lot of talent. The end of that game was all I needed to know about coaching. Let’s give it to Moore and watch. High screen, high screen, pass to W and clank. It was Moore or nothing. The lack of size will definitely have them as an early out unless we shoot lights out.

Semper Canes!!!

Everyone on here crowning Coach L coach of the year. Seriously?!?! Has he overachieved with this team or is the ACC that horribly bad? I would lean towards the 2nd half of that question. Losses to FSU (2x), cant beat a horrible VA team, loss to VT. I love the Canes, but really, this team isn't making it out of the first round of the NCAA Tournament. You guys are way too excited over 20 wins in quite possibly the easiest schedule ever.
Miami has had a much better season than many thought. This team was picked by most to finish at or near the bottom of the ACC. Many fans here didn't expect this team to get to 20 wins nor sniff the post-season. That's probably why some folks are excited about the 20 wins. I doubt anyone could've predicted that we'd see this team win 9 games in a row, particularly when it includes a road win at Cameron Indoor and the shellacking we gave UNC at home. All things considered, I don't know if Larranaga will win it, but do think he deserves consideration for ACC Coach of the Year.

He care barely field a team. Year after year
This staff has done a **** poor job recruiting over the last 3-4 years. No doubt about that. But none of that has anything to do with the turn around this season and the top 20 recruiting class they just signed. Larranaga deserves a lot of the credit for that.

Advertisement
Back