Coach L only coach with winning record vs Coach K and Williams

Get the best coach you can get, age be damned. L was a godsend for this program, I don't give a **** if he was in his mid sixties when he took over, he was still by far the best available coach Miami could have gotten. Guys like Randy Bennett weren't interested at the time, and Shaka Smart was holding out for a job like Texas. Thank God that the people on this board aren't making decisions for the University, otherwise we'd probably be suffering through another Haith type hire, just because he's young and looks good in a suit.

I'm not arguing with anyone on here I'm just offering my opinion. I don't think any of those guys are qualified for the Miami job. Personally, I would hire Jon Scheyer for the job when coach L calls it quits.

Advertisement
I'm not arguing with anyone on here I'm just offering my opinion. I don't think any of those guys are qualified for the Miami job. Personally, I would hire Jon Scheyer for the job when coach L calls it quits.

Why should Scheyer get the job? WHY? We've seen how utterly overrated the K tree is in regards to head coaches. Dawkins has been mediocre at best, the jury is out on Wojo, and Amaker flamed out at Michigan before finding his niche at Harvard. Frankly, I'd look towards a guy like Konkol if he figures it out at La. Tech, due to his knowledge of the program. If that doesn't work, I'd go for Bennett again, or I'd go out of the box and maybe hire someone like Becky Hammon, and give her the best staff money can buy.

Why should Scheyer get the job? WHY? We've seen how utterly overrated the K tree is in regards to head coaches. Dawkins has been mediocre at best, the jury is out on Wojo, and Amaker flamed out at Michigan before finding his niche at Harvard. Frankly, I'd look towards a guy like Konkol if he figures it out at La. Tech, due to his knowledge of the program. If that doesn't work, I'd go for Bennett again, or I'd go out of the box and maybe hire someone like Becky Hammon, and give her the best staff money can buy.

Our AD would never open his pocketbook wide enough to buy the best staff money could buy. Regardless the only way I would want Becky coaching here is is Popovich came with her.

***** it you can get 10 Frank Haiths in a row for all I care.

Don't forget about Capel (although he didn't start at Duke), that team just looks different when he has to fill in.

I would lose it if we went with Scheyer (based on his current resume). Nothing like a tremendous risk who has never been an HC before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back