Coach L ,& Norchad Omier Media 9/26

Advertisement
Yea he was a little low it seemed, they even asked him about it and he said he is still dealing with laryngitis affects.. Just needs more time to be back up to speed
He’s such a treasure we have in L , a very special person that doesn’t come around very much in coaching .
We want him healthy, I hope we’re paying him TOP 10 salary he earns every penny in his wholeheartedness .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Saw Coach L and Katie last night in NYC at a UM alumni event. I got to speak with both of them and thought they both looked great and full of energy. Jim's voice is still shot but getting better, he was mic'd up on the stage which allowed him to speak softly. Katie told me she's excited by the ladies who are coming in and told the crowd this could be her fastest team ever, which should be fun to watch. Coach L told the audience what we've heard from him in that we have a powerful starting 5 but we need the next four off the bench to step up and help us. He mentioned Casey put on 20 pounds and is now over 6'8" 225 and is much stronger. He said Watson should contribute and see good minutes. Nwoko and George were the other two he mentioned that he hopes can contribute. As Rothstein said, George could be the off the radar sleeper pick to help us. Nwoko is just shy of 7 feet with a tremendous wingspan and he and Casey give us some length in the paint. He did not mention Kai or Djobet when talking about who will get minutes. DJobet IMO is still raw and has work to do, wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts. I'm not expecting much in game contribution from Kai, who may be content adding value in practices on the scout team etc..

Advertisement
Back