Coach L Mic'd up

Advertisement
More on the great job Coach L has done with this group:

### UM basketball has needed to a play a slow tempo and zone defense this season because of its limited depth and a lack of offensive firepower. But coach Jim Larranaga was candid this afternoon in discussing how he feels about that approach.

“I don’t like it,” he said. “It’s not what I want to do. Our goal is to play to 75, five guys averaging double figures. You have to have that personnel to do that. [Our players] would prefer for us to be playing more man to man defense and running more.”

Larranaga, who believes this approach gives his team the best chance to win this season, said he and his staff have told recruits “we would much prefer an up-tempo game.” That will be the plan next season. UM hosts Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ra-on-seahawksheat-meeting.html#storylink=cpy

I love how Coach L has mixed it up to give us the best chance to win, even going against what he wants to do. Next year will be completely different, and I can't wait to see what should be the first team at UM who truly plays how Coach L wants us to play (aggressive, trapping defense, etc).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back