Coach L - Matt Cross (old news) - BOY WAS I DEAD WRONG

WOOOOOOF this thread.

The truth is, while my post in here wasn’t a criticism of L, I felt similarly to some, albeit without the vitriol. The program looked dead in the water two years ago. Now it’s higher than it’s ever been.
didn't they make the Elite 8 the year prior to this? or are you talking about the 20-21 season?

Advertisement
I meant when cross transferred.
I've learned one this in the last 5 yrs: You can't control what other people do on your alma mater in the staff or the athletes. There's a ton you don't know and to blame one person for something....is short sighted.

I've always felt like Larranaga was the perfect coach for Miami. I've never ever called for his dismissal or him to retire. Any reason? just a gut feeling he was the right guy to get us to the promised land.

That's it for me.

Coach L has lost complete control of this program. There is no way that whatever happened should have resulted in Matt Cross no longer being on this team.

Coach L took this program to the next level but he has not been able to recover from the Adidas scandal. He will not be fired and deserves to go out on his own but it is time for him to retire.

Oops

Advertisement
Both Timberlake and Cross signed in 2020 both have transferred twice. 2019 and 2021 were much better years for Coach L, only one not playing much is Jakai Robinson. Only played 15 mins and scored 2 points this year. Strange since he was a "good" get.

Advertisement
WOOOOOOF this thread.

The truth is, while my post in here wasn’t a criticism of L, I felt similarly to some, albeit without the vitriol. The program looked dead in the water two years ago. Now it’s higher than it’s ever been.
Well it was clear that Coach L was railroaded by the fake FBI allegations and was of course exonerated. The hit that hatchet job did to recruiting was obvious and the reason one could have been down 2 years ago. But it was clear that this was not Coach L's doing, very very clear. And he of course has proven us right, the ones who saw thru the fog and were glad we had him 2 years ago, and remain glad we still have him. Awesome coach and man!

Moore was actually a solid player at DePaul though. Cross was a cancer here and sucked at Louisville. Not really comparable IMO.

@Juancane come on man, every school in the country uses the portal. People melted down over Cross leaving on this board, there's a lot of crow to be ate over that one
Well said, no comparison.

That's it for me.

Coach L has lost complete control of this program. There is no way that whatever happened should have resulted in Matt Cross no longer being on this team.

Coach L took this program to the next level but he has not been able to recover from the Adidas scandal. He will not be fired and deserves to go out on his own but it is time for him to retire.

Oh Yeah Smile GIF by BrownSugarApp

Advertisement
Yikes. Glad I didn’t get caught up in this. I hope we can look back at some Mario threads like this in a few years.
Maybe but football coaches get a lot less time to do what needs to be done, so he better get going.

Advertisement
Dead wrong and it feels so amazing to have been so dead wrong. I was one of the last OG forum hold outs that thought age / energy level with these new kids had done him in (kudos to the handful that never lost faith) but thought Cross was a special good kid. Clearly (based on all of his moves) he had some screws loose and Coach L was correct in giving him the boot.

What a year! Thank you again so much Coach L!

Last edited:
Dead wrong and it feels so amazing to have been so dead wrong. I was one of the last OG forum hold outs that thought age / energy level with these new kids had done him in (kudos to the handful that never lost faith) but thought Cross was a special good kid. Clearly (based on all of his moves) he had some screws loose and Coach L was correct in giving him the boot.

What a year! Thank you again so much Coach L!

Solid post. Very solid.

Hardcore fans love to take a dump on band-wagon jumping fans.

But this thread is a case study in why the hard core fans can be worse.

Staying on the wagon while being a malcontent know-it-all is poisonous and not the least bit helpful.

Believe me, I understand the disappointment. But throwing around **** while not having any knowledge of what is going on in the background is just bush league.

I appreciate the contrition but let this be a lesson to us all. What we think we know from the outside in the heat of the moment is almost never accurate enough or complete enough to make a judgement. Especially one as strong as the ones in this thread.

Advertisement
Back