Coach L - Matt Cross (old news) - BOY WAS I DEAD WRONG

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not Mr fire everyone , I’m actually pretty fair and realistic but it’s time. It’s time to end this mess. They look undisciplined and lost at times. The offense has looked like rec ball for years now and the d has fallen off. This years three point defense is as bad as I’ve seen. Free throw shooting is awful. It’s just bad basketball , give the ball to wong and get out of the way. It was lykes before that.​
Im a huge bball fan but this year I’ve watched the fewest Miami b ball games of the last fifteen years. I don’t even watch condensed games , it’s just horrible to watch. Painful at times , so I won’t waste the few free minutes I have watching trash.​

Advertisement
I never understood how Cross, definitely our best (only?) 3 point shooter, took so few attempts. If I were L, I'd have told him to take 8-10 a game. I mean, no one else was a threat. One game, IIRC, he was 3-3, when the rest of the team was bricking every try.
Because we have a selfish, stagnant offense that relies on hero ball (whether it be Lykes, Wong, Kam)

Advertisement
At some point the game passes everybody by.

I was hoping our teams decline was due to bad luck, injuries and the scandal so I was willing to give Coach L the botd. But when you look at the product on the floor, sometimes it's just too awful to watch.

We don't have Lykes and that hurts. Just our luck he sprains his ankle. I'm not sure if I remember a sprained ankle ever keeping a 20 year old down this long(going on 2 months).

Losing Cross hurts and we were just starting to get back on the recruiting track.

Time to get some fresh young recruiters and ideas in here. The game has passed Coach L by.

Its happens to most coaches who coach long enough. No shame.

I have a perspective on Coach L based on watching his teams play both on TV and live and in person over the last decade and from observing his interactions with players, recruits and the public at basketball camps.

I agree with most of the comments that I have read here, although I think the problem is much deeper than Matt Cross fiasco. IMHO, Coach L has been making questionable basketball decisions for a while, and I don‘t respect his coaching staff around him. I think Blake should clean house if he really wants to win.

Just wondering and somewhat hypothetically thinking, I read that Matt Cross is also considering staying at Miami to potentially play football. I don't know how real that is but he did play football before an injury during his 9th grade year caused him to focus primarily on basketball.
If Miami makes a coaching change, would you be ok with Matt coming back to the program under the new coaching staff.

Just wondering and somewhat hypothetically thinking, I read that Matt Cross is also considering staying at Miami to potentially play football. I don't know how real that is but he did play football before an injury during his 9th grade year caused him to focus primarily on basketball.
If Miami makes a coaching change, would you be ok with Matt coming back to the program under the new coaching staff.
Yes, I'd be ok with him coming back

But I read that football rumor was total BS started by some random guy on Twitter

Advertisement
Back