Coach Kul

Advertisement
Simpson was my favorite coach actually

Mine as well.

Kul was good - his Dline got after it and created chaos. But all his technique was tailored to rushing the passer and teams used it at times to gash us in the run game.

Simpson taught better all-around technique and the run defense improved while still be good rushing the QB. Liked the type of physical traits he looked for on the trail as well.

That's the difference between Diaz and Saban. Diaz has a losing season and is reluctant to replace anybody. Saban doesn't make the playoffs and he's cutting guys loose.

Advertisement
Good for him. Many times (even in post practice videos here) he indicated that he was tired of being looked at as just a great DL coach and wanted to move up. This will give him experience as a DC (even if it is co). I'm sure he'll bolt there in a year or two if someone is willing to give him a shot as the only DC.

He was good here and I'd take him back. Generally good track record. He's gained experience over the years. Hope it works out for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His situation in Bama was a bit weird. They let him go and paid him $750k severance to do so. After a full coaching search cycle he ends up in Toledo and will coach their OLB
Sounds like a great pay day.. He's single plenty of thick biscuits in Ohio over the age of 50.. Kul should have a ball. zero recruiting just coach em up.

Advertisement
Naw he was not overatted trust me, we seen actual pass rush moves while he was here no we see nothing just talent

This.

He couldn’t recruit but the defensive line showed the best hand play in years.

It’s no surprise that McIntosh blew up under him.

He went to Toledo and started coaching career there but weird going from Miami to Alabama then Toledo. Guess same situation as Brian Van Gorder going to Bowling Green.

Advertisement
Back