Coach Kool's thoughts on weight

sfowler06

Junior
Finally, someone gets it.

- Kuligowski said he wants his linemen "at a certain body fat for their position. Like a defensive end, we want them to be 15 percent. At D tackle we want it to be 18 percent. I really don't care what that weight is, if it's 265 or 260, or is it 275 or 270 or 260. I'd rather have them be able to run all day than have an extra 10 pounds and not be able to run to the football like we want them to. They may be lighter than they were last year, but that's because they're working their *** off and getting in probably their best shape."

Advertisement
Speed man. I don't give a **** about being that big on defense. Give me some fast physical ****ers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
MiamiHeadCoachDance_original_zps7ccae87e.gif

Diaz has been emphasizing speed over anything else since he got hired. He is obviously a student of what has worked at UM in the past, and he's hellbent on doing it the right way. Kul is clearly in sync with Diaz.

I'm so goddam happy about at least getting back to doing what works and playing to the strength of our recruiting advantage--speed. These dumb motherfckers wanted everyone fat and bloated and took away our natural advantage.

Diaz has been emphasizing speed over anything else since he got hired. He is obviously a student of what has worked at UM in the past, and he's hellbent on doing it the right way. Kul is clearly in sync with Diaz.

I'm so goddam happy about at least getting back to doing what works and playing to the strength of our recruiting advantage--speed. These dumb motherfckers wanted everyone fat and bloated and took away our natural advantage.

Exactly what happened... I dare someone to argue against this

JC

Advertisement
Holy ****, is that nice to read. This staff is for real. These guys are really making it difficult to be skeptical.

Go Canes!

Quoting works a lot better when the person actually has something of value to share - and Kuligowski does - he's worth listening to....

Finally, someone gets it.

- Kuligowski said he wants his linemen "at a certain body fat for their position. Like a defensive end, we want them to be 15 percent. At D tackle we want it to be 18 percent. I really don't care what that weight is, if it's 265 or 260, or is it 275 or 270 or 260. I'd rather have them be able to run all day than have an extra 10 pounds and not be able to run to the football like we want them to. They may be lighter than they were last year, but that's because they're working their *** off and getting in probably their best shape."

[MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] can you make a gif with a pic of Kool and the words "Just Gets It" popping up? You did it for Al

These guys body fat percentages must have been pretty **** high. I don't think he literally would want to play with 260 lb lineman. But it speaks to the players strength not matching up to their size.

Advertisement
word is that Gus Felder has found the best form of motivation in getting our guys to lose the bad weight. He has them stare at his naked body every morning before the train. All the players have trimmed up since this started, but opinions have varied, as one player was quoted "what has been seen can not be unseen"

Coach Kool is the best hire this school has made since...idk when. That was a power move by Richt.

Advertisement
SIAP, but I love this from Coach Kool, from Barry Jackson article: “If there’s a lot of thinking required, I did something wrong,” Kuligowski said. “You cannot ask somebody to run through a wall and then before you run through the wall, please analyze the wall and check for the weak spot. That is what your scouting report before the game is supposed to tell you... [You've got to] find the hole and the ball, and run through it... We attack and then we react."

word is that Gus Felder has found the best form of motivation in getting our guys to lose the bad weight. He has them stare at his naked body every morning before the train. All the players have trimmed up since this started, but opinions have varied, as one player was quoted "what has been seen can not be unseen"

Hahaha. Probably more to do with them eating fruit after practice and not ice cream

I get what the guy is saying an I like it for DE's but I don't want my DT's at 265. You have to have mass at the DT spots. 300 at 18 percent body fat and now we are talking. You have to have mass vs 315-325 pound OG's and Centers or you will get rolled by 3rd quarter.

Advertisement
Back