Coach Jon Richt Speaks

Advertisement
Malik's throw at 1:58 was really nice. The one at 2:03 was caught but needed to be a bit higher IMO (double-coverage - if one of those DBs looks back it could be a pick.) The crossing route to Harley at 2:08 was on the money too.

Perry's toss at 1:50 on the run looked so dang effortless.

Nice to see Richt Jr. getting on Jarren a bit, esp. about ball security - and on Perry about balance and base.

Jury is still out on Jon Richt Jr. This is a big year for him and CMR. We know Coach Jon can recruit but can he develop QB's. Regardless of who our QB is this year, we should see improvement.

I've generally been of the mindset that if you can recruit talented QBs the development is taken care of. Much easier to upgrade the position with another body than it is to polish a ****, IMO. =P

Malik's throw at 1:58 was really nice. The one at 2:03 was caught but needed to be a bit higher IMO (double-coverage - if one of those DBs looks back it could be a pick.) The crossing route to Harley at 2:08 was on the money too.

Perry's toss at 1:50 on the run looked so dang effortless.

Nice to see Richt Jr. getting on Jarren a bit, esp. about ball security - and on Perry about balance and base.
Sure seemed like he was riding Jarren a bit more. I feel they expect a lot from him in the future.

Advertisement
Me thinks young Richt has been instructed to be hard on JW. Coaches squeeze potential , at least the good ones. Things getting interesting in QB room.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Jon R. needs to hit the gym...looking pudgy AF...practice what you preach...dude is not over the hill yet, he already working on that frumpy coaching body in his 30s...Brock, how much you think lil Jon Richt is weighing these days?!? ;)

Its just a video but it looks like Rosier really is ahead at this point. Its most likely because hes more comfortable with what hes doing.

Advertisement
Don't care at all for his obvious effort to seem "hip." In my experience players find it corny. But he seems to be heavy handed on the fundamentals though. Love the focus on ball security. I have a feeling that could be important with until we get our issues at tackle sorted.

Each QB made a few beautiful throws. Jarron's could have been placed a little better, but MI2 needs the practice fighting abck towards the ball in GL sits.

those passes are on point. Crazy to think that Shirreffs was Rosier's main competition last year.

Advertisement
So I'm curious. What is the biggest thing Rosier could work on that make him a more complete QB. I think it's clearly his field vision and accuracy.

So I'm curious. What is the biggest thing Rosier could work on that make him a more complete QB. I think it's clearly his field vision and accuracy.

He doesn't really excel at anything. He needs to improve accuracy, decision making, and leadership. He's not magically going to throw a deep ball any better but we don't need him to. Complete the easy passes, protect the ball and move the god **** chains.

For sure + quicker release and decision making. Couple that with his determination, or lack thereof, to lock in mentally every week. I think I worry more about that than anything. No way he pulls that ish again tho, I would think.... if he starts ofc

Advertisement
Back