Coach Jimmy Johnson releasing a new book: Swagger

IowaCane16

Senior
Hopefully will have some good Hurricanes stories in it.

1644254063524.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL, man, if this dude stays at Miami until at least 1995.....? Count the titles.

right? **** the cowpies. should be in orange and green

Two Super Bowls with "America's Team" mean more than one national championship at the University of Miami—as far as sports currency is concerned.

Jimmy is "JJ" because of his rebuild and rebrand of the Dallas Cowboys—two rings, while setting up Barry Switzer for one in 1995—not for his five-year run at 'The U'. Sorry.

Two Super Bowls with "America's Team" mean more than one national championship at the University of Miami—as far as sports currency is concerned.

Jimmy is "JJ" because of his rebuild and rebrand of the Dallas Cowboys—two rings, while setting up Barry Switzer for one in 1995—not for his five-year run at 'The U'. Sorry.
gtfo with your practicality. **** the cowpies

LOL, man, if this dude stays at Miami until at least 1995.....? Count the titles.
He would definitely have gotten the two Erickson got. I’m not crazy enough to think he wins ten titles but I bet we have one more between 91 and 95.

In total, by 95 he would have likely had 4.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should have left a manual on “Swagger” behind, when he left. The clown show of the past decade would have never happened. But, it’s a new day and a new regime, let’s look ahead…

Advertisement

Not to me.

The man stepped in to my arena on occasion. Very intense individual not one for small talk. Cover picture says it all.

Had JJ stayed Miami could have been the first program to win three consecutive NCs. Think how close he came to four? 1985 (lost to Tenn), 1986 (lost to PSU), 1987 WON NC, 1988 (lost at ND and refs 31-30, no bowl rematch despite #2 ranking).

Jimmy wins the1989 NC. 1990 would have been interesting. I don't see a loss at BYU (still a tough game), but at ND? Still might have lost but Miami would have finished 10-1 and ranked higher end of regular season. Recruiting would not have slipped and surely would have had better QBs than Costa/Collins. I think JJ rolls though 1991-1994 with few losses. FSU was rolling with Ward in 1993, helluva game at Trailerhassee.

JJ was 44-4 from 1985-1988, 52-9 including the 8-5 1984 first year. Six more seasons (72 games) from 1989-1994 and he's near 120 career wins with fewer than 18 losses, 4-5 NCs.

Erickson went 63-9 and 2 NCs over the same period, and I'd give JJ an edge of 4 more wins/ fewer losses.

GOAT

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back