Coach Hayes Football | The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (VT)

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore

Great film breakdown by Coach Hayes. Some of TVD's throws were next level. He mostly threw with anticipation and throwing receivers open.

RBs had a good 1st half. Blocking fell off in the 2nd half. WRs and TEs played well for the most part. Starting to jell with TVD.

The ugly. You already know. 2nd half. Penalties. Safety play was very suspect. Not in position. Not playing to the sticks on 3rd/4th and long allowing VT to sustain drives in the 2nd half. Late or indecisive on run responsibility.

A win is a win, but its hard not to be disappointed with the the 2nd half of the game.

I just want to see this team play a complete clean game.

On to Duke!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
My goodness.

What in the actual f*ck is going on in the backend.

There’s like 1-2 busts per drive.
it’s the most aggressive secondary i’ve seen at Miami in a while. a lot of selfish play back there. the most talented room on our team can’t play up to their talent because they are worried about their own stat line.

Yeah CH did a great job yet again with that one. TVD is clearly back in his bag. We go as far as he takes us. People who think hes not leaving to the NFL are crazy. We are going to ride him the rest of the season until he turns into a battered mule so he will have every opportunity to shine. And it looks like he is already doing that and taking full advantage of these opportunities. Barring an injury, hes gone. Some of those throws he made were big time. He makes a few of those in that Clemson game and you can kiss the baby on him not declaring early.

The 2nd half of that game was really disappointing to watch live and watch in this film breakdown. But again, holding VT to 17 points is enough to win in college. This offense just isnt getting it done. I know we have a ton of injuries. But to average 21 ppg (taking out Bethune) is a fireable offense in todays college game. Like a poster said, Tennessee scored that in one quarter against Bama. Inexcusable.

it’s the most aggressive secondary i’ve seen at Miami in a while. a lot of selfish play back there. the most talented room on our team can’t play up to their talent because they are worried about their own stat line.
Yep. This is one of those "culture" things that needs to be coached out. Not the being aggressive part, but the " me, me, me, me" mentality. Been a problem with Us for years now.

Advertisement
Watch Coach Hayes Football Post-Game Show Miami and Rutgers. Everything he says is correct. Huge fan of his YouTube channel.

Advertisement
Back