Coach dugans on the new receiver additions

Dugan's words:

1. He’s still learning how to be a pro.
2. Got to keep teaching him that.
3. Teaching him the ‘how to play the next play’ mentality.

Like I said before, it seems to me pretty straightforward there are maturity issues here. Especially since he's not 17 or 18. He's 21. There's a difference. You shouldn't have to spend too much time teaching a 21 year old that's been in organized sports his whole life how to be a "pro", or how to focus on the next play.

Hopefully it's just a speed bump, and he balls out. He's got a lot of tools to work with and that's what we all want. For him to maximize his talent. But I can't lie, Dugans comments make me thinks there are maturity issues, Hope I'm wrong, because the talent is there

But I can't lie, I'm a little concerned to hear these types of words from the coach.

Advertisement
Dugan's words:

Like I said before, it seems to me pretty straightforward there are maturity issues here. Especially since he's not 17 or 18. He's 21. There's a difference. You shouldn't have to spend too much time teaching a 21 year old that's been in organized sports his whole life how to be a "pro", or how to focus on the next play.

Hopefully it's just a speed bump, and he balls out. He's got a lot of tools to work with and that's what we all want. For him to maximize his talent. But I can't lie, Dugans comments make me thinks there are maturity issues, Hope I'm wrong, because the talent is there

But I can't lie, I'm a little concerned to hear these of words from the coach.
You read that completely wrong.

Dugans is saying that he is teaching Mullins to play like a NFL receiver and teaching him how to train physically and mentally the exact way a NFL receiver does. That's eating healthy, taking care of his body and being mentally ready for what comes with being a star player.

Basically Dugans is getting Mullins physically and mentally ready to carry a team. Next play mentality means that there will be times when you drop a pass but you have to be ready the next play because your team needs you. No pouting on the sidelines because he is now a leader.

Nothing Dugans said had anything to do with the maturity of a kid. Dugans is simply grooming Mullins to be "The Guy" which is the number one receiver.

This theory that Dallas is playing WR this spring because of numbers is bogus. It's where they think he can help us the most.

Those that have seen him play and more in the know, can you breakdown his game on both sides of the ball? IMO we need him more at DB but obviously if he is far superior on the offense then that's where he should be. I just don't know enough and haven't seen enough. If he has the abilities to be a lockdown CB then why not put him there?

My honest opinion is that Richt is following the Clemson mold of having so many weapons that it doesn't matter how good your defense is because someone's getting exploited on every play. Clemson had four receivers go over 90 yards against Bama, and Artavis Scott wasn't even one of them. We're going to be so loaded on offense once things begin to click and if Richt develops a system that allows for these mismatches to occur.

Dugan's words:

Dugans is saying that he is teaching Mullins to play like a NFL receiver and teaching him how to train physically and mentally the exact way a NFL receiver does. That's eating healthy, taking care of his body and being mentally ready for what comes with being a star player.

Basically Dugans is getting Mullins physically and mentally ready to carry a team. Next play mentality means that there will be times when you drop a pass but you have to be ready the next play because your team needs you. No pouting on the sidelines because he is now a leader.

Nothing Dugans said had anything to do with the maturity of a kid. Dugans is simply grooming Mullins to be "The Guy" which is the number one receiver.

Huge stretch.

NFL? LOL. He's teaching him how to be an NFL receiver? Child, please. that's not it.

He's trying to get him to see the field.

How about he actually gets in a couple of plays as a wide receiver. Something that hasn't happened yet. Shoot, he has yet to have a pass thrown his way in an actual college game.

And you said it yourself, if he has to be taught not to pout, that's immaturity, especially for 21-year-old. Those are your words.

But like I said, he has a ton of physical tools, I hope he takes advantage of them and balls out. But if we don't see major improvement this year I would be very worried. Let's see what happens this season

Advertisement
Dugan's words:

Huge stretch.

NFL? LOL. He's teaching him how to be an NFL receiver? Child, please. that's not it.

He's trying to get him to see the field.

How about he actually gets in a couple of plays as a wide receiver. Something that hasn't happened yet. Shoot, he has yet to have a pass thrown his way in an actual college game.

And you said it yourself, if he has to be taught not to pout, that's immaturity, especially for 21-year-old. Those are your words.

But like I said, he has a ton of physical tools, I hope he takes advantage of them and balls out. But if we don't see major improvement this year I would be very worried. Let's see what happens this season
He said the same thing about coley last year....

Come on Broke. Coley already had two years of good production. The guy were talking about has zero production. He didn't even do enough to actually get on the field for one wide receiver target.

Come on Broke. Coley already had two years of good production. The guy were talking about has zero production. He didn't even do enough to actually get on the field for one wide receiver target.

Wasn't he a late enroll? Didn't you same people hope that he get red shirted for this year? Pete and DMoney please come and bring your lost sheep back into the flock!

The opportunity to make an impact was there for Mullins last year. That said, he would've had to unseat vets like Berrios, Lewis and that just wasn't going to happen considering he arrived late. He'll have an even better opportunity this spring with Cager possibly being out and Thomas, Harley, Njoku back at home. I don't expect him to be great but would find it alarming if he isn't at least ahead of Harris, Langham, perhaps even Berrios once spring has ended.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back