Coach Diaz talks Orlando and TNM

Advertisement
he , like Dabo , are the new style coach you want for your program . Simple as that. There was a reason when Richt quit they did what they had to do within 24 hours to get him back . 4 mil to Temple is chump change to what Diaz can make the school if TNM sells like I think it will.

I think you're giving "them" way too much credit here. "They" have a long history of having no earthly idea what they should do. I think they just got lucky with this one...the lazy hire (hopefully) turned out to be the right hire. For once.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz beats U *** and he is comfortably behind JJ,Shnelly,Butch and Saban ............he beats UFag and he won't be far behind Butch and Saban. That's how huge that game is.

Edit: Dennis is up there too. First echelon.

So this talk of the LAZY hire, WTF, how is that bc we didn’t go on a nationwide search? To find who , what? Someone to reach into the portal to save our ****** recruiting class? Check. **** Can the offensive staff, and bring in an aggressive OC and spread offense, Check. Lure JT4 back, check.shake up and expand the QB room, check. Breathe new life into a legendary program on life support, filling check. When we were riding the high of CMR’s best season Manny was talked about as the aire apparent.WTF IS LAZY ABOUT THIS. You are Cane in or Cane out . No tiptoeing around it, just sayin’🙌🏿

Manny Diaz beats U *** and he is comfortably behind JJ,Shnelly,Butch and Saban ............he beats UFag and he won't be far behind Butch and Saban. That's how huge that game is.

Edit: Dennis is up there too. First echelon.

Ugh.

I see you're just joining us, so let me tell you a little about some of our coaches.

Randy beat fsu in '09. They were #18, we were unranked so that's a big win. Then fsu finished 7-6. He beat preseason #3 Oklahoma. You know, the team that beat us 51-13 in 2007? Cool. They finished unranked at 8-5. Miami went 9-4 that year, sounds pretty good right? Well that was the high water mark, Randy would be fired for losing way too many games and being a terrible recruiter a few years later.

Moving on, al beat the gayters in 2013, which was pretty awesome. gayters finished, get this, they finished 4-8. That includes losing the last 7 games, with the proverbial icing on the cake being a 26-20 loss to Georgia Southern at home. I know, it's hilarious right? And Miami that year? Finished 9-4 (also a high water mark), but lost 4 of their last 6 games including a 9 point bowl performance against Louisville. It goes without saying that al lost his job...know what? Just re-read the last bit about Randy.

Then Mark Richt. High point? Beats #13 VT and #3 ND back to back and earns a #2 ranking. Ho. Lee. Sht. That's awesome. Surely we've found our man. He follows this with 3 losses to finish the year, one of them to Pitt. That's Pitt. Like Pittsburgh, where they apparently play football or something. Who knew? Follows this up with getting worked over by LSU in the 2018 opener. Then, and this is good, then he manages to lose 5 of the last 7 to powerhouses like UVA and Duke. Fcking Duke. Ya know, basketball Duke. And this includes scoring 14 or fewer points 4 times. Richt is so embarrassed by this he saves Miami the trouble and fires himself.

So.

You'll pardon me if I celebrate a victory over the gayters with much gusto, but stop short of putting Manny in the upper group of coaches. Those guys won big again and again. Not once. Lots of times.

Give the man time to work, and give the greats their due.

Advertisement
Ugh.

I see you're just joining us, so let me tell you a little about some of our coaches.

Randy beat fsu in '09. They were #18, we were unranked so that's a big win. Then fsu finished 7-6. He beat preseason #3 Oklahoma. You know, the team that beat us 51-13 in 2007? Cool. They finished unranked at 8-5. Miami went 9-4 that year, sounds pretty good right? Well that was the high water mark, Randy would be fired for losing way too many games and being a terrible recruiter a few years later.

Moving on, al beat the gayters in 2013, which was pretty awesome. gayters finished, get this, they finished 4-8. That includes losing the last 7 games, with the proverbial icing on the cake being a 26-20 loss to Georgia Southern at home. I know, it's hilarious right? And Miami that year? Finished 9-4 (also a high water mark), but lost 4 of their last 6 games including a 9 point bowl performance against Louisville. It goes without saying that al lost his job...know what? Just re-read the last bit about Randy.

Then Mark Richt. High point? Beats #13 VT and #3 ND back to back and earns a #2 ranking. Ho. Lee. Sht. That's awesome. Surely we've found our man. He follows this with 3 losses to finish the year, one of them to Pitt. That's Pitt. Like Pittsburgh, where they apparently play football or something. Who knew? Follows this up with getting worked over by LSU in the 2018 opener. Then, and this is good, then he manages to lose 5 of the last 7 to powerhouses like UVA and Duke. Fcking Duke. Ya know, basketball Duke. And this includes scoring 14 or fewer points 4 times. Richt is so embarrassed by this he saves Miami the trouble and fires himself.

So.

You'll pardon me if I celebrate a victory over the gayters with much gusto, but stop short of putting Manny in the upper group of coaches. Those guys won big again and again. Not once. Lots of times.

what about the bulldoooogsss forum tell us. they have warned us a long time ago. its all good, we hopefully have a good one this time.

So this talk of the LAZY hire, WTF, how is that bc we didn’t go on a nationwide search? To find who , what? Someone to reach into the portal to save our ****** recruiting class? Check. **** Can the offensive staff, and bring in an aggressive OC and spread offense, Check. Lure JT4 back, check.shake up and expand the QB room, check. Breathe new life into a legendary program on life support, filling check. When we were riding the high of CMR’s best season Manny was talked about as the aire apparent.WTF IS LAZY ABOUT THIS. You are Cane in or Cane out . No tiptoeing around it, just sayin’🙌🏿

People were upset because of how quickly it transpired and the fact that there wasn't a national search. With that said Diaz is winning the off-season.

I like the interest he's taken in hockey, my other favorite sport next to football.

Go Bolts!

Advertisement
Manny just holding back what he really wanted to say and did fantastic coach speak. He’s learned from some great ones, that’s for sure. I agree with Manolo - TNM is great, and has caused a groundswell of support for the kids who will done the U on the uniform. But until there are real, tangible changes it’s all lip service at this point. Will Manny be able to turn the actual culture back around to what we had heralded back to the time of JJ, Dennis, Butch? That remains to be seen but I’ve got a feeling he has a plan, will execute it to completeness, and show us finally a team we all can be proud to root on.

People were upset because of how quickly it transpired and the fact that there wasn't a national search. With that said Diaz is winning the off-season.
I can appreciate that people wanted a national search, something that can be very time consuming with compiling candidates and vetting them. It’s also very expensive. Imo, bc we were at the end of a **** recruiting class time and timing was a factor. Manny was out there, not settled in, so why not give it a shot. So far, it’s worked better than expected. Now, the real work starts, WINNING. 8/24 is the target for this start up. I have confidence in Manny and Co.🙌🏿

Advertisement
Ugh.

So.

Good stuff man.

Manny Diaz beats U *** and he is comfortably behind JJ,Shnelly,Butch and Saban ............he beats UFag and he won't be far behind Butch and Saban. That's how huge that game is.Edit: Dennis is up there too. First echelon.

Last year this time, everyone hoped a QB would emerge, but we at least had the guy who won 10-games and the first Coastal in our hip pocket. Everyone hoped the O-line would develop in spring (didn't), people hoped JT would be Berrios (wasn't) and the board was confident of an easy win against LSU (Even with that SEC front 7). Plus, nobody knew Gerald Willis would be one of the only reasons LSU didn't hit 50 that game.

This year is pretty similar so if he makes that win happen, he's off to an incredible start. I'm excited as everyone, but please folks easy on the "We Roll" and let the poor guy play a few games before he becomes the 2nd coming.

Advertisement
Back