Coach Diaz, Shaq & more... Post Practice Presser 8/2/17

These interview questions make me wonder how many reporters and internal UM people skim through the message boards. The questions and prepared answers (players repeating similar words) are pretty **** specific.

Advertisement
Another SMD special. She's consistent if nothing else. SMD's reputation is such that our players literally start chuckling when she asks a question.

Trent Harris is the most underrated player on this team. 3 sacks and 9.5 TFL last year with a couple of big fumbles caused (GT). Guy is a player and is a great piece to this defense

Pound for pound... My Opinion ... think Trent is our best DE... He is always in the right place... don't make very many mistake with reads... and he is always moving... sorta like Reggie Miller ... on the football field in the sense he is hard to contain. He doesn't have the size and Raw talent like Joe Jack or Chad... but Trent and DJack brings a lot to the table... both are the authors of the books that get judged by the cover.

These interview questions make me wonder how many reporters and internal UM people skim through the message boards. The questions and prepared answers (players repeating similar words) are pretty **** specific.

Susan is the worst....

Advertisement
Diaz literally had the complete opposite philosophies from Folden and Dorito.

Shaq' Dad needs to write a book on parenting.

Can't take all the credit... His mom fixed him breakfast on occasion...lol but seriously ... Shaq is the youngest of seven and he was vicarious ... because those that came before him provided both positive and negative lessons... My wife was swift carrying out judgement on bad decisions Shaq can attest. With all of our kids... they understood there were consequences to be paid when they stepped out of line .. I stay in Shaq's ear... with the truth and I'm sure he gets tired of it... but someone has to tell him some of the things he don't want to hear... and one of his biggest attributes is he will listen rather its good or bad..

Can't take all the credit... His mom fixed him breakfast on occasion...lol but seriously ... Shaq is the youngest of seven and he was vicarious ... because those that came before him provided both positive and negative lessons... My wife was swift carrying out judgement on bad decisions Shaq can attest. With all of our kids... they understood there were consequences to be paid when they stepped out of line .. I stay in Shaq's ear... with the truth and I'm sure he gets tired of it... but someone has to tell him some of the things he don't want to hear... and one of his biggest attributes is he will listen rather its good or bad..

8oXBdLG.gif

Shaq is going to be a coach when he's all done playing. Truly a special kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I like a Chad and Trent D-end combo with Joe and D-Jack first off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]...

What impressed me most was 1)...around the 2:03 mark, a reporter is asking him a question and he can't hear him. Shaq responds with..."Sir?" You don't hear that very often these days.
2)...at the end of the interview when he replies..."That was a 9-4 Miami Hurricanes...a 9-4 Shaq Quarterman..."

As many others have said...Very good, very well spoken and able to keep it all in perspective.

I agree Trent is very much underrated.. BUT the good thing is, when he gets in the game he gives 100% and that's all that matters at the end of the day.. This kid will make a good pro!!

Advertisement

my rule of parenting and why it's important to be tough on them when they are young:

they may hate you for it the first 18 years of their lives, but they will then love you for it the next 60 years. better that way than the other way around

Advertisement
Back