Coach D @ Norland

If you have to "start over" with a kid that had been committed for over a year and then all of a suddenly bolted, its ok to give them the Randy SOZE.

Advertisement
Why is it all on Brown? If I were his brother I would feel like **** if I was costing my brother the chance to play at his dream school bc my parents were laying the guilt trip on him. There are plenty of options for going to school. **** being a minority alone is a ******* scholarship, a minority with minimal income is a full ride. Pell grants would take care of everything. Dude needs to be a man a live his life. I'm all about family, but it's a two way street. His mother should tell him to do what makes him happy.
Was thinking the same thing.

All of this

Fack that sht. If his brother was good enough, he'd have earned a scholarship the way everyone else does. We've had enough self-entitled pricks in the last ten years to risk a scholarship on the chance that this 18 year old is giving an honest, or even a knowledgeable, evaluation of his own brother.

From the sounds of this is seems as if it comes down to this.. If his brother gets an offer and he takes it, then the "package deal" thingy is out..

"Major factor," Brown said of his brother's commitment influencing his. "He has colleges looking at him now. If he gets a scholarship, then I am on my own, I am my own man. Until then, it is me and my brother."

Why is it all on Brown? If I were his brother I would feel like **** if I was costing my brother the chance to play at his dream school bc my parents were laying the guilt trip on him. There are plenty of options for going to school. **** being a minority alone is a ******* scholarship, a minority with minimal income is a full ride. Pell grants would take care of everything. Dude needs to be a man a live his life. I'm all about family, but it's a two way street. His mother should tell him to do what makes him happy.

Yep, dude just doesn't sound very smart right now. Openly discussing a package deal where he's not going somewhere unless his brother gets a full-ride. He's not strong-arming any top school into doing that. I get its his family but why limit yourself to make sure he gets an offer? Recruiting is a dirty game, scholarships are renewed annually. He might find in a year after somebody gets his signature lil bro gets cut loose.

Advertisement
Clemson pulled some shenanigans with us in 08 with Jamie Harper and his boy Daniel Andrews...schools AND players strong arm each other to get what they want.

Clemson pulled some shenanigans with us in 08 with Jamie Harper and his boy Daniel Andrews...schools AND players strong arm each other to get what they want.

Larry, didnt Clemson end up not taking Andrews?

Here you go Spike.

I think the entire business of big time college athletics is shady. If the kid can get a two for one good for him. If he wants to go to a lesser school so his brother can also go, then good for him. Ultimately, he can do what HE wants to do. No one is holding a gun to his head. I hope he ends up a Cane, but I could careless that he's trying to get his brother a free ride. It happens more often than some probably realize.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andrews_daniel00.html

Larry, didnt Clemson end up not taking Andrews?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Keith Browns brother needs to just accept that he isn't his brother

Hopefully his brother is just aiming for a free degree because he isn't all that great

He comes, he comes. He goes, he goes. He should be thinking about playing time and best chance to goto the league, but understand trying to look out for family.

Scratch Keith Brown off your wish lists. Teammate Ereck Flowers says that Brown isn't going to visit and will not be going to Miami. Brown is going to do what he wants to do. Do what's best for Keith.

He doesn't seem to drop back in coverage well. I guess that is what is keeping him from being a five star. He is great against the run though, has all the measurables, and tackles well. Guess we will see what happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back