Coach Coley...QB drills (video)

U Know

Junior
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_LBgp5mNwc[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGwSqGaU0Gk[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ScyqZ2O4SBE[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51C5oFackQA[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4fADNsZK-Hs[/video]

I'll let all the QB guru's that are on this site disect every aspect of these videos, can't wait...lol

Advertisement
If Kaaya goes down we're gonna have to put Trayone at QB and turn into GT.

so Rosier is missing spring practices? My goodness the roster mismanagement of these teams is absurd.

Advertisement
Testaverde looked semi athletic in those drills and looked to have a better ball coming out in the pocket drill.

How Dwyane Lawson didn't think to himself "I'm one injury away from starting w/ all these playmakers" vs Special teams VA tech baffles me... Really wanna see Scherieffs cuz these QB's don't provide QUALITY depth I'm not asking for OSU QB depth but crap gimme some hope if Kaaya were to get hurt

Advertisement
How Dwyane Lawson didn't think to himself "I'm one injury away from starting w/ all these playmakers" vs Special teams VA tech baffles me... Really wanna see Scherieffs cuz these QB's don't provide QUALITY depth I'm not asking for OSU QB depth but crap gimme some hope if Kaaya were to get hurt

Well.

Factor in all those play makers, the better location, prestigious history, great weather, and all the other advantages. ****, factor in that we were clearly a better football team than VT last year...

Then marinate on this: they still finished with a better record than we did last year.

Lawson probably just didn't want to play for a bunch of lame duck coaches at a school that doesn't care about success.

Well.

Factor in all those play makers, the better location, prestigious history, great weather, and all the other advantages. ****, factor in that we were clearly a better football team than VT last year...

Then marinate on this: they still finished with a better record than we did last year.

Lawson probably just didn't want to play for a bunch of lame duck coaches at a school that doesn't care about success.

I don't disagree at all.. Just saying the offensive coaches haven't been the problem coley is held back because of Al trying to protect the defense coley flashes ability to be a great OC coach no D has never been consistent one day is conservative other is aggressive mostly conservative lol...

I don't get the purpose of pocket presence drill... if the QB already knows who's going deep/short etc.. doesn't he already know what the pocket will look like?

Advertisement

One of Lawsons high school coaches got hired by Virginia Tech

Well.

I don't disagree at all.. Just saying the offensive coaches haven't been the problem coley is held back because of Al trying to protect the defense coley flashes ability to be a great OC coach no D has never been consistent one day is conservative other is aggressive mostly conservative lol...

hokies-holding-off-wake-forest.jpg

Advertisement
We are in great hands. Anyone who criticizes the system, coaches or progress we are making is just a fool. We will compete for the coastal either next year or sometime after that. A year or two after that we will be in the ACCCG...and thats when the big bucks come rollin in.

louie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The QB can hear who he's telling to go short or go deep. So they already know where they will have to step to in the pocket, so the way he's running that pocket presence drill doesn't make much sense to me.

I'll let all the QB guru's that are on this site disect every aspect of these videos, can't wait...lol

Never understood why we reverse pivot on the Outside Zone, as demonstrated in the "Keepers Drill". I always thought reverse pivots were for Power/Counter plays...

Advertisement
Back