Coach changes???

But does this surprise anyone? He's a figure head put in place to stand in front of a camera and maintain appearances while Shalala and her cronies ran this **** into the ground. Golden basically got him hired. And people are shocked that he doesn't want to fire Golden? This loser is so out of his league running our program. He owes it to Golden for getting him this job.

Advertisement
Blake James needs to be embarrassed. How this spineless **** of a man has gotten off relatively clean is a travesty. Fanbase and the media need to go after him and embarrass him publically. He doesn't deserve a job.

Again, I ask, what is he supposed to do? Tell everyone how much the coach he can't fire sucks?

University of Miami Athletic Director Blake James reiterated to CaneSport Sunday afternoon that coach Al Golden's job is secure entering next season despite four consecutive season-ending losses.

But, at the same time, James didn't rule out a shakeup with the assistant coaches.

"Al and I talked after the game last night, we'll meet this week and I'll get a better understanding of where he sees everything at," James said. "We'll have an open conversation about where we're going and how we best get there."

Would James be okay if Golden said there are no coaching changes needed?

"Those are things I'll talk with Al about," James said. "He needs to decide what's best for us. It's something I'm not going to get into `we need to recruit a different kid, make coaching changes.' Al is the coach of the program, it's his responsibility to assess the program understanding the expectations. I don't think anyone looks at our program and says 6-7 is going to be acceptable for our program. And that's not Al. He came here wanting to win the ACC and that's where we need to go. I'm confident he'll continue to make the changes that are needed to get us to that point."

James says he reads all the emails and messages from fans upset with the current state of the program.

"I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here."

James acknowledged "we're not achieving at the point" the football program needs. So how long before the program can be "back"?

"It's coming," James said. "You see it this year with the great impact we had with some of the freshmen, and having a great quarterback is huge. Having someone of Brad (Kaaya's) skill and to see him to continue to progress - I spoke with Brock Berlin (at the bowl game), got his thoughts which was very valuable to me.

"I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated."

Garbage!

Not since 2001 !!!!

What a BS artist!

University of Miami Athletic Director Blake James reiterated to CaneSport Sunday afternoon that coach Al Golden's job is secure entering next season despite four consecutive season-ending losses.

But, at the same time, James didn't rule out a shakeup with the assistant coaches.

"Al and I talked after the game last night, we'll meet this week and I'll get a better understanding of where he sees everything at," James said. "We'll have an open conversation about where we're going and how we best get there."

"Those are things I'll talk with Al about," James said. "He needs to decide what's best for us. It's something I'm not going to get into `we need to recruit a different kid, make coaching changes.' Al is the coach of the program, it's his responsibility to assess the program understanding the expectations. I don't think anyone looks at our program and says 6-7 is going to be acceptable for our program. And that's not Al. He came here wanting to win the ACC and that's where we need to go. I'm confident he'll continue to make the changes that are needed to get us to that point."

James says he reads all the emails and messages from fans upset with the current state of the program.

"I understand the frustration of the fan base," he said. "The thing I would say to everyone is no one is more frustrated than everyone here. It's frustrating when you don't have the type of success you want as a program. With that said everyone has different perspectives on what needs to be done. My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here."

James acknowledged "we're not achieving at the point" the football program needs. So how long before the program can be "back"?

"It's coming," James said. "You see it this year with the great impact we had with some of the freshmen, and having a great quarterback is huge. Having someone of Brad (Kaaya's) skill and to see him to continue to progress - I spoke with Brock Berlin (at the bowl game), got his thoughts which was very valuable to me.

"I don't want to put a time on it, `this date', but we have to continue to move forward. I think there was a lot of progress made this year, unfortunately it wasn't in the win and loss column. At the end of the day it's about wins and losses, and I understand that, and I understand why fans are frustrated."

Garbage!
This long offseason.
Another wasted football season.
Then another long offseason.
Then MAYBE some meaningful football.

I need another hobby!

or if golden doesnt tell us what we want this week, hopefully it gives them ammo to pull trigger.

Advertisement
"My job is to work with Al and figure out what is the best plan for us to get to where we meet all those expectations. The bar is set very high here."

And herein lies the problem. It's your job to find a competent coach. That it's your job to work with Al, implies you are an impotent AD with no power. If the bar were truly set high, then Golden's underachieving *** would have been fired after the Pitt game.

The only hope we have is the new President comes in and hires a real athletic director and gives them the autonomy and financial support to make necessary changes and rebuild football.

Fake Jimmy is a spineless impotent ****. It's hard to embarrass someone with no pride or worth, who voluntarily acts as a faqqoty puppet. That's no man.

Advertisement
Blake James needs to be embarrassed. How this spineless **** of a man has gotten off relatively clean is a travesty. Fanbase and the media need to go after him and embarrass him publically. He doesn't deserve a job.

Again, I ask, what is he supposed to do? Tell everyone how much the coach he can't fire sucks?

How about do what he can to get another coach. Blake strikes me as a "yes man" and not a fighter. He needs to realize his next job will evaluate how he did at Miami and so far, it is pretty pathetic.

Also, why are you defending him?

I suggest he quits making pathetic statements if he doesn't stand behind them.

could james be leaving setting golden up to give him a reason to be fired? Blake comes out and says "we talked and disagree with the vision for the program. blah,blah,blah" and golden is let go? I mean i can only dream lol

could james be leaving setting golden up to give him a reason to be fired? Blake comes out and says "we talked and disagree with the vision for the program. blah,blah,blah" and golden is let go? I mean i can only dream lol

He can do this without the statement. It just shows Blake is a ****** who doesn't care about his personal future.

Advertisement

Garbage!
This long offseason.

I need another hobby!

Have you considered drinking? It helps.

Blake James is lying out his ***! Problem is there is no standard.. Any AD can easily see we have regressed every year. What the **** are they going to be talking about? what vacation location they will be attending with their families this summer? I mean any component assistant coach knows the Golden is on his way, who is willing to gamble his career away?! seriously?

I'm laughing at the Blake James supporters in this thread. Who knew there was such a thing? Claiming that he "obviously doesn't have the power to fire the head coach". The point is HE DOESN'T WANT TO. His quotes are straight Golden-speak. Fans who show up to games next year will keep James puffing up his chest. The administration and coaches are willfully ignorant to outside noise, and it makes them dig their heels in more. They are safe, and they know it, so they don't give a god**** what fans want.

Advertisement

Garbage!
This long offseason.

I need another hobby!

Have you considered drinking? It helps.
Definitely worth considering.

Too bad amendment 2 didn't pass.

A football school would have been made changes. Obviously not miami because football is not a priority anymore. F_ck you Shalala you fat facially challenged Dyke

Advertisement
Back