Coach Brown & more... Post Practice Presser 8/23/17

Coach Brown revealed that Robert Burns is now full go in practice, which is basically what I was wondering about last week. That's great to hear.

I know a lot of people are critical of Coach Brown for one reason or another, but just to put it in perspective he just turned 31 3 months ago.

He's still growing & learning as a young Coach, especially having to do so at a high level D1 program like The U, I think he's done a good job thus far but the Miami fan base is a tough crowd.

He's a great recruiter & while he may be the OC in title only, it's possible Richt could be grooming him to eventually take more of a role in playcalling in a few years.

Either way, I'm glad to have him on staff.

plot twist: Burns is 3 years & first round to the NFL without missing a single game due to injury
Lol, I just hope he's healthy enough to go this season.

I think he can be a pretty good Depth Back over these next couple years if he can put it all together.

Advertisement
really? man, with his natural talent i see him being a lot more than just good depth.

he's one of the incoming freshman im most excited to see perform this year

really? man, with his natural talent i see him being a lot more than just good depth.

I don't mean that he's not talented, I'm just saying I think he can provide good Depth if he's ever fully healthy.

After Walton goes to the draft he'll be fighting with Homer, Lingard & Cam Davis for reps, so hopefully he can figure it out by then.

I definitely think he can be a good player, just gotta stay healthy lol.

I don't mean that he's not talented, I'm just saying I think he can provide good Depth if he's ever fully healthy.

After Walton goes to the draft he'll be fighting with Homer, Lingard & Cam Davis for reps, so hopefully he can figure it out by then.

I definitely think he can be a good player, just gotta stay healthy lol.

It's never been a talent issue.

I've never seen a kid this injury prone in my life. All through hs and right when he steps on campus. It's crazy.

Malik sounds like an intelligent, well-spoken young man

Happy to have him leading our beasts out on the field

Go get those W's now my dude, it's your time

Advertisement
Coach Brown revealed that Robert Burns is now full go in practice, which is basically what I was wondering about last week. That's great to hear.

I know a lot of people are critical of Coach Brown for one reason or another, but just to put it in perspective he just turned 31 3 months ago.

He's still growing & learning as a young Coach, especially having to do so at a high level D1 program like The U, I think he's done a good job thus far but the Miami fan base is a tough crowd.

He's a great recruiter & while he may be the OC in title only, it's possible Richt could be grooming him to eventually take more of a role in playcalling in a few years.

Either way, I'm glad to have him on staff.

plot twist: Burns is 3 years & first round to the NFL without missing a single game due to injury

I was going to post a joke about the odds of Burns making it unscathed to the Bethune game. But I decided to support your enthusiasm.

I like Coach Brown and he deserves to be on this staff. Where I was critical was whether he was a OC or a RBs coach? Rick has a lot of responsibility with all aspects of the game not just game planning his O.

Whether what I or anyone else thinks it doesn't matter. Rick is rolling with the status quo. I pray it works out and I am proven wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back