Coach brown discusses the backup running backs

brock

All-American
• Brown, on where the shaky backup running back situation stands:

“I would say Travis Homer has probably made the biggest jump from year one to year two. I think, not having to [play a lot] of running back last year, but being a core special teams player for us has gotten him ready for the game. But I think he’s always been a really, really tough football player. From a fundamental standpoint, he’s getting better, his vision is getting better. I think he’ll be a really good football player for us this year.

“I think Choc [Trayone Gray] is also better than he was before he tore his ACL. He’s still trying to work himself back in the best shape, not to say he’s in bad shape, but we play at a high tempo and I demand a lot of those guys. There’s no hesitation by him. He doesn’t slow down on contact. He’ll stick his foot in the ground with that knee. He’s good. And we’re trying to get Robert Burns to get more reps because I don’t really know who he is yet. I know what he can be, which is phenomenal. But I need to see it day in and day out.”

Sounds a little more encouraging

A 10-pack of UM offense/special teams nuggets | Miami Herald

Advertisement
the way richt is so honest and sincere when talking to the media about the team i think rubs off on the rest of the coaching staff.. I really never feel like I am being bull****ted by these guys.

the way richt is so honest and sincere when talking to the media about the team i think rubs off on the rest of the coaching staff.. I really never feel like I am being bull****ted by these guys.

It's like that with all of the coaches we have now, refreshing to see

I think Homer will show to be the most talented RB on the roster this year.

But the fumble in the scrimmage is worrisome. He won't get many carries if Richt doesn't trust him to hold on to the ball.

But the fumble in the scrimmage is worrisome. He won't get many carries if Richt doesn't trust him to hold on to the ball.

Homer more talented than Walton? No chance

Advertisement

Because we're not dealing with a used car salesman that's trying to sell us a hooptie POS!
32d73650-b693-0131-4927-0eb5cee09ce1.gif

Lol Homer is not more talented than Walton please stop this nonsense.

Advertisement
Homer is gonna play no matter what. Walton can't play the whole game.
And thank God hopefully this will be the last year we are thin at these positions, or any position.

Yes sir. He will be an elite back by the end of the year. He has more upside than Walton IMO.

Advertisement

I actually agree with this. He has way more upside than Walton

Walton is a hard working back, and he gets the job done, but I don't think he is a "fear striking" back, by any means. Homer is a guy defenses will fear, imo

Last edited:
Can't afford one injury at RB, TE, OL apparently.

RB depth is very scary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so, season in most cases usually doesn't depend on if we have a very solid 4th string running back. We are going to be okay

I've heard this argument and I understand it. However, I want my number 1 to be a proven horse. Walton is the only guy that fits that description.

I just haven't seen enough of Homer to make me feel at ease. Hopefully the first few games of the season change that.

Can't afford one injury at RB, TE, OL apparently.

RB depth is very scary

I don't think so, season in most cases usually doesn't depend on if we have a very solid 4th string running back. We are going to be okay

I've heard this argument and I understand it. However, I want my number 1 to be a proven horse. Walton is the only guy that fits that description.

I just haven't seen enough of Homer to make me feel at ease. Hopefully the first few games of the season change that.

Homer is an explosive back with breakaway speed and burst. I'm excited to watch him get an extended look in the season

Advertisement
Homer was the #6 ranked RB in his class. Not that HS rankings mean something but I expect a little more from guys who are rated top 10 at their position nationally coming out of HS.

Homer earned respect last year with his work on special teams.

While he needs to tighten up holding onto the ball, he's going to get the shot to get decent burn this year.

Hoping he's a solid number two, with a nice wiggly change of pace with maybe a little dash of Lamar Miller breakaway speed

Homer better show all the way out because Lingard and Davis are coming here to eat.

Gray needs to transfer after the season.

Advertisement
Back