Coach Al Golden On Joe Rose (WQAM) 9-3

Sorry, but two big runs counted for 115 yards of that total. So I don't really consider 185-190 effort vs FAU to be very impressive. As mentioned the two 4th down stops were pathetic. The same effort vs uf ain't gonna cut it.

Why would you throw out the two big runs though to judge the OL?

Because they skew the results IMO.

Advertisement
Sorry, but two big runs counted for 115 yards of that total. So I don't really consider 185-190 effort vs FAU to be very impressive. As mentioned the two 4th down stops were pathetic. The same effort vs uf ain't gonna cut it.

because he has to **** around with the facts to win this argument.
It's elementary, my emma watson.

Facts are facts, you wanna look at the stats and say they we're great, then have at it, but they'll get their butts kicked with that same effort vs many teams on our schedule.

Because they skew the results IMO.

How so? The OL was blocking on those plays, no?

kmw because he doesn't know what he's talking about. The majority of rushing yards by the big teams will be on big plays. I guess we will throw out all that too. Should we throw out any long pass plays?

How about the 1 sack? Should we throw out all the plays that there wasn't a sack?

J O K E

Facts are facts, you wanna look at the stats and say they we're great, then have at it, but they'll get their butts kicked with that same effort vs many teams on our schedule.

facts are facts. 8ypc on 38 carries is a good effort.

Advertisement

He would rather have 38 carries at 5ypc with every carry being exactly 5 yards.

He would rather have 38 carries at 5ypc with every carry being exactly 5 yards.

If every carry was exactly 5 yards then we're not running the ball enough with 38 carries.

Because he's a UM fan, and UM fans only praise other teams. I'm thinking the NFL Hall of Fame should throw Barry Sanders out because of all his long runs. Long runs don't count.

I have found through extensive research, that if you take all the HOF RBs, and subtract their 2 longest plays from each game, most of these guys were just average.

:diaf:

Advertisement
A little disappointed that he praised the OL. That was probably my biggest disappointment from Friday

You have to remember the following:

1. 303 Rushing Yards on 38 Attempts for a 8.0 Yard Per Attempt

2. 3 Rushing TDs (Duke, Waters Reverse and Crawford) with another Edwards that wasn't counted.

3. 1 Sack Allowed

4. 2 Potential Passing TDs were dropped (add 11 points, net amount and we win by 39)

On paper they didn't do too bad

And thats why paper doesnt always tell the full story. They didnt get a consistent push up front imo

The OL was fine. You know who gets this mythical beast "Consistent Push"? No one. Were there shortcomings? Absolutely. Were there a few short yardage plays that Miami didn't convert on? Again, yes. But this "woe is the O Line! For they hath failed to move every pile set before them, and thus are inept against them all!" bit is narrow. I have more issues with the scheme/personnel issue of not giving a blocker on dives or pulling OL when you're trying to run straight ahead. Makes no sense.

Agree with this. People always talk about push like an o-line is suppose to drive the opposition 6 yards downfield every possession. Doesn't work that way. O-line was fine with a real test coming this week. No need to get up or down on the o-line one way or another. Fau was not a quality opponent and they weren't very good last year. Chances are the guys returning arent all that great either.

I have found through extensive research, that if you take all the HOF RBs, and subtract their 2 longest plays from each game, most of these guys were just average.

:diaf:

Exactly. Teams would shut Barry sanders down, but you always knew a 20-30 yarder was coming

Are we for real in this thread. We didn't pull the guards, we didn't so this. For **** sake it was FAU right before probably the biggest game we have had in a long time where we have a real chance at winning. You guys wanted the coaches to show everything? We won and at the end that's all that matters at this point. When we beat U***s will you care if Duke broke two carries for 99 yards or those won't count? Get your ******* heads right take the win and move on to the next one.

Advertisement
Back