Cloud in Gainesville?

Cloud has quickly dissipated in Gainesville as NCAA quickly and resolutely says nothing to SEC here. NCAA is applauded for the quick resolution of the situation.

Very efficient cloud removal service

Advertisement
Not even a slap on the wrist. Not even a warning for a slap on the wrist. Even better than that, they gave UM the finger for turning in someone else. Niiiice.

Ridley was never going to UF anyways. All the snitching by Al and Carroll did was **** off Ridley and have him cross Miami off his list.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL...Did you really expect anything else?

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 21m21 minutes ago
NCAA imposing no sanctions on Florida for Joker Phillips violations.

I'll get bashed... Whatever.

This is exactly what the University is talking about when they say the "cloud" and how it damaged us. We were sitting around for almost 3 years for the NCAA just to make a decision and absorbing negative news report after negative news report.

UF commits a similar violation and you only get 1 story and a couple of tweets and poof! it's gone.

Golden has a **** load to prove to everyone, including myself. In fact, I'm leaning toward those who think he'll never get it done here and is on the way out, BUT he and the University do have a point when they say the NCAA really fvcked them. This is 1 example and we can point to a dozen more in the past decade.

We just don't get provided the same air support by the NCAA and the big media publications to afford to get caught doing silly things. Where it sets OSU and UF back a season at most, it sets us back 2-3-4 seasons.

Anyway, /rant.

Let the trolls on the site bomb away.

LOL...Did you really expect anything else?

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 21m21 minutes ago
NCAA imposing no sanctions on Florida for Joker Phillips violations.

I'll get bashed... Whatever.

This is exactly what the University is talking about when they say the "cloud" and how it damaged us. We were sitting around for almost 3 years for the NCAA just to make a decision and absorbing negative news report after negative news report.

UF commits a similar violation and you only get 1 story and a couple of tweets and poof! it's gone.

Golden has a **** load to prove to everyone, including myself. In fact, I'm leaning toward those who think he'll never get it done here and is on the way out, BUT he and the University do have a point when they say the NCAA really fvcked them. This is 1 example and we can point to a dozen more in the past decade.

We just don't get provided the same air support by the NCAA and the big media publications to afford to get caught doing silly things. Where it sets OSU and UF back a season at most, it sets us back 2-3-4 seasons.

Anyway, /rant.

Let the trolls on the site bomb away.

naw, you won't get bashed on your statement, b/c it's actually true. the ncaa hate miami...been that way since the 80's. we were not supposed to be a powerhouse program embarassing the glorified big 10, big 12, and SEC conferences along w/ chitting on their poster boy of a program of ND. and we did things our way, taunting, getting in guys faces, and letting opposing fans know we don't give a **** what you think about us.

HOWEVER, w/ that being said, the cloud has been over played and overstated by golden and co. for way too long. our cloud wasn't dark, it was mild w/ sunshine peeping through. in fact, if um was winning on the field, we would field a top end recruiting class every year despite the cloud. the 2014 season should show what the real cloud over this program has been, mediocrity.

Why would you ever commit to Miami when you can do whatever you want in Tallahassee or Gainesville and never get in trouble?

Advertisement
Not even a slap on the wrist. Not even a warning for a slap on the wrist. Even better than that, they gave UM the finger for turning in someone else. Niiiice.

How'd hey give us the finger? I can't even find anything on it on the NCAA website.

The violation was a single one, and it was a "bump," although a serious violation. The problem is, this single violation is probably the tip of the UF iceberg. If they did it once, they probably do it a million times. It wasn't a dinner. It was a recruiting writer introducing Phillips to the prospect so the coach could get social media contact information. The UF (and FSU) people probably do this as a routine practice.

That's what we get for obeying the rules.

Advertisement
Back