Close Your Buttcheeks Canes!! We Will Beat GT!!!

D

deleted7012

Below are the total and rushing defensive rankings of every team GT has faced this season (except Jville, who dont count for obvious reasons). None of these defenses are as talented as ours, even with our injured DBs. We will beat GT. Stop getting your panties in a wad! GO CANES!!!

Sep 4 TENN L42-41 (#62 TOTAL / #124 RUSHING)

Sep 9 JVST W 37-10 (WHO CARES?)

Sep 23 PITT W 35-17 (#107 TOTAL / 75 RUSHING)

Sep 30 UNC W 33-7 (#114 TOTAL/ 122 RUSHING)

Advertisement
Canes roll. Man, 5-0. FSU and GT behind us. I can start to smell it. One more Clemson loss and we face a beatable NC State for the ACC Championship

Just gotta get past VT

It's pretty standard. Play your lane or get your *** beat all day by an inferior squad. They run 7 plays to perfection. We must get in the backfield and disrupt. They cannot play behind the sticks or behind the scoreboard. TFL will be critical here.

These ain't Al Folden's Canes! CMR wants to win more than ever! We saw his intensity at Duke! Dude was fired up!!

I also think he's motivated by the success Kirby Smart's been having at Georgia. This is just me speculating but who wouldn't be motivated by that?!? I think he wants win the ACC and get in the playoffs no matter what.

It's our time again baby!! With the way things are going, our recruiting is going to be off the charts. With great coaching AND recruiting, won't be long before we're holding up that NC trophy once again! On that today, I am going to cry like a little ! Can't wait! GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
For the record we will win

But I have to point out how useless posting these stats are .. your indictment of their defense is also a credit to GT offenses. It would be more appropriate to rank those defenses NOT including their game against GT

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For the record we will win

But I have to point out how useless posting these stats are .. your indictment of their defense is also a credit to GT offenses. It would be more appropriate to rank those defenses NOT including their game against GT

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I see your point but I wouldn't say "useless." It's not like we're in week 2. Most of these teams have played 5-6 games. One bad game against GT out of 5 or 6 isn't going to impact your ranking that much.

That being said, we can look at this from another angle, W-L record:

Sep 4 TENN L42-41 (3-2, wins over GT, Indiana St., UMass)

Sep 9 JVST W 37-10 (WHO CARES?)

Sep 23 PITT W 35-17 (2-4, wins over Youngstown State, Rice)

Sep 30 UNC W 33-7 (1-5, win over Old Dominion)

As you can see, GT hasn't played anybody. So all this hype they are drawing is undeserved. Canes will expose them tomorrow!! GO CANES!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that unless you exclude the GT rush yards from each school that these numbers are greatly affected by that one game against GT. I believe the rushed for over 400 yards o each of those team (except JSU who you decided not to include in your stats). 4oo yards rushing is like triple what they normally give up do yrs it will definitely skew the numbers a great deal on such a small sample size of 5 or 6 games.

Agree that GT hasn't played anyone but for the most part that have won the other games handily which is a sign of a good team. They should have beaten TN and the we would be facing an undefeated team who hasn't played anyone.

Using the same source you used above where are the canes ranked in rushing defense?

Canes roll 31-17. A&M blows out gaytors, duke squeaks by the criminoles and Miami slides into #8 ranking come Sunday @2pm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back