Clive Walford injures knee in ATV crash

58straight

Junior
The injury news seemingly never stops in the NFL, but in the offseason, the injuries become more unusual.

According to Mike Garafolo and Peter Schrager of FOX Sports, Raiders tight end Clive Walford suffered a knee injury in an ATV crash and will miss spring practices.

The hope is that Walford will be back on the field by training camp, with one source saying the injury “may not be as bad as originally thought.”

Walford has already had surgery to repair the damage, but word of his condition has been kept under wraps.

The third-round pick from Miami caught 27 passes last year for 329 yards and three touchdowns, showing signs he could be a downfield threat. How this impacts those plans remains to be seen, and probably means that any interest they had in moving tight end Mychal Rivera is over, at least until they know how Walford is and when he’ll be back.

Raiders tight end Clive Walford injures knee in ATV crash | ProFootballTalk

Advertisement
I'm going to be positive and say at least he wasn't lighting M-80s and drug-raping an unconscious chick while riding his ATV.

I heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe on things like this. I believe it was with motorcycles. The basic point is your career is so short in the NFL even if you have a super long successful one. So don't do anything to ruin it. Just stay home and work out and keep yourself fit. Don't put yourself in any situation to get hurt or to have a bad interaction with the public. You can save all that stuff for when you are done if you really have to do it.

100% agree. If you receive a check from the NFL in the dollar amounts that they get, my *** would be making sure I didn't do anything to mess it up.

Retirement age for NFL players is like 30 years old.

Last edited:
He's a former UM player, so we have to assume he was doing those things at the time of the accident.
I'm going to be positive and say at least he wasn't lighting M-80s and drug-raping an unconscious chick while riding his ATV.

I see some people don't understand.... Obviously, he wasn't doing those things, but the media would probably spin it that way if they could.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I heard an interview with Shannon Sharpe on things like this. I believe it was with motorcycles. The basic point is your career is so short in the NFL even if you have a super long successful one. So don't do anything to ruin it. Just stay home and work out and keep yourself fit. Don't put yourself in any situation to get hurt or to have a bad interaction with the public. You can save all that stuff for when you are done if you really have to do it.

True. He'll be 30 years old with plenty of time to kill himself or destroy his life after he's out of the league.

Advertisement
What a ****in dumbass.

Do any of these clowns remember what happened to KWII?

What does blowing a load on his dashboard have to do with this?

Laughing-Animated-Gif-11.gif

Raiders tight end Clive Walford injures knee in ATV crash | ProFootballTalk[/QUOTE]

What a ****in dumbass.

For starters, he could've kicked his car into Drive and run over the kids coming out of the school bus.

Lmfao what? So we're going with these b. S what if? Lol
And wasn't he parked outside of a pubkix? Then that must've been a great load to go over that parking block, drive to the the bus dropping kids off and run them over lmafo

What a ****in dumbass.

For starters, he could've kicked his car into Drive and run over the kids coming out of the school bus.

Lmfao what? So we're going with these b. S what if? Lol
And wasn't he parked outside of a pubkix? Then that must've been a great load to go over that parking block, drive to the the bus dropping kids off and run them over lmafo[/QUOTE]

KWII musta wish his windows had illegal tint

Advertisement
Why I sold my All Terrain Vehicle
Even this guy realized ATVs are a bad idea. The NFL should have this dude show up to the rookie symposium in his beige Velcro sneakers with that moldy "my sweaty clothes sat in the hamper for a week and then I washed them in cold water with a teaspoon of Dove" smell emanating from his person to deliver a speech on the dangers of ATV'ing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back