Clinton Portis Called out Manny

Advertisement
As I already told Clinton, his thinking is part of the problem. This MIAMI GUY crap has to stop. You are not entitled to a position just because you played at Miami. Get the best coaches that you can find, background be damned. As long as they aren't scumbags or people that will bring dishonor on the University, then we should be looking at them. Ed Reed is paying his dues at the pro level, if he wanted to interview for a position, that's fine, if he shows that he is the best candidate, then hire him. Don't hire him merely because he's Ed Reed, hire him because you think he can do the job. Our program is so inbred right now, it is crippling us. The fact that we continue to scream for guys who are obviously under qualified just because they are MIAMI guys is pathetic and shows that we don't understand how a successful program operates.

Advertisement
Portis needs to stop. I don’t want Alumni coaches. I want proven coaches. We got Rumph and tbh he pretty ****

Reminds me of the whole Michigan man crap , they can’t let go of that.

Every time we have an opening for a hc spot its the same two babes to nauseam. If it’s a position coach open enter said former canes name there too.

It's on Ed Reeds tweet from earlier.

Ed has never been a coordinator. No competent NFL team is going to hire someone that hasn't even been a full time position coach to lead. Same with college programs. I can see Ed getting there in 5 years, provided he climbs the ranks, but come the F on. Football is becoming an analytics driven sport, you need guys that can work with that. I think Ed can be that guy, but I'm not hiring Ed on his current resume, not as a Power 5 AD, and definitely not as an NFL GM.

As I already told Clinton, his thinking is part of the problem. This MIAMI GUY crap has to stop. You are not entitled to a position just because you played at Miami. Get the best coaches that you can find, background be damned. As long as they aren't scumbags or people that will bring dishonor on the University, then we should be looking at them. Ed Reed is paying his dues at the pro level, if he wanted to interview for a position, that's fine, if he shows that he is the best candidate, then hire him. Don't hire him merely because he's Ed Reed, hire him because you think he can do the job. Our program is so inbred right now, it is crippling us. The fact that we continue to scream for guys who are obviously under qualified just because they are MIAMI guys is pathetic and shows that we don't understand how a successful program operates.

Preach.

Now if only our ad was qualified we’d be cooking with hot grease.

Advertisement
Ed has never been a coordinator. No competent NFL team is going to hire someone that hasn't even been a full time position coach to lead. Same with college programs. I can see Ed getting there in 5 years, provided he climbs the ranks, but come the F on. Football is becoming an analytics driven sport, you need guys that can work with that. I think Ed can be that guy, but I'm not hiring Ed on his current resume, not as a Power 5 AD, and definitely not as an NFL GM.

no reason why he isn’t our secondary coach right now

no reason why he isn’t our secondary coach right now

Well, did he apply when Manny was hired? Did he inquire? I don't think so. He would be an upgrade over the crap we have now. If Diaz was forward thinking, he would have considered Ed, gotten him to work for a lower salary(Ed is set for life financially), and then took that money and poured it into a ace defensive recruiter. I worry about Ed's recruiting chops, but I don't worry about him as a teacher and leader. Apparently Rumph can't do any of that.

Reminds me of the whole Michigan man crap , they can’t let go of that.

Every time we have an opening for a hc spot its the same two babes to nauseam. If it’s a position coach open enter said former canes name there too.
Hail to the "victors" and their one national title since 19 ******* 48

Advertisement
Portis is right.

Coaching is an old boys club and its very hard to get into coaching if you're on the outside.

Just because he is a former player doesn't mean he has access the old boys have. With that said, being a former player shouldn't get you a fast pass either.

Advertisement
Back