Clemson

DieHardCane27

Freshman
Looking ahead to Clemson it looks like they have had seven different guys start a game in conference play all of them but one a right-hander. Thankfully at least on paper their offense is not quite as explosive as Pitt. As for the season as a whole we are pretty much in a must-win position the next three weekends.

Advertisement
I think the Pittsburgh and FSU series will not be overcome. That and this team does not look like it can take 3 games from any ACC team right now. 2 seed on the road at best right now.
Pitching wise they are statistically better than us and hitting is about even.

Yeah I don't ever remember having pitching stats this bad even in our worst years recently in 17 and 18 it was the offense that killed us

Advertisement
JD Arteaga been with the program 19 years. Always has great talent to work with, but he seems to find a way to blow it. Gino has been with the program for 20 years. How ironic these fellows show up and the winning comes to an end.

"Since 1973, the program has been one of college baseball's elite with 25 College World Series appearances, winning four national championships (1982, 1985, 1999, 2001)."

Toral looks looks weak at the plate, All American catcher cannot throw anyone out stealing - and we are still running the bases like a bunch of morons. Get some coaches....Get a new AD - make changes and get better. Painful.

Smith's stuff is electric. He leaves some fat now and again but arm talent wise he is the real deal. Peep this lineup ROK:
CDC
Vilar
ADC
Morales
Gil
Rivera
Toral
Piteli
Lala

I think that's our best lineup
I’m fine with moving cdc to leadoff once ADC really gets going. Until then we need cdc in the rbi slot

Advertisement
I’m fine with moving cdc to leadoff once ADC really gets going. Until then we need cdc in the rbi slot
He is coming around just fine, Lalas .215 is not leaving many RBI opportunities as it is. Get CDC on and let's start scoring some runs, the pitching is failing, gotta score

Smith's stuff is electric. He leaves some fat now and again but arm talent wise he is the real deal. Peep this lineup ROK:
CDC
Vilar
ADC
Morales
Gil
Rivera
Toral
Piteli
Lala

I think that's our best lineup
I like it. Was just thinking about Delly leading off and Gil batting 5th. Great minds.

Advertisement
I can deal with any true Freshman making fielding errors, SS, 3B. Come year 2 hope there is enough growth and experience to make the next step.

The bases loaded double plays with no outs - would be nice to avoid those. And over sliding the bases.

Advertisement
Rosario, Dubberly, and Garland is the new weekend rotation.
WOW, that's brutally bad.....

Friday night guy has a 5.91 ERA, the Sat and Sunday guys are 4.80. We are in deep, deep trouble.

Only 16 games but last year it went BVB - 0.68, CMac - 1.05, Slade - 3.80

This team is MILES from Omaha

I don’t understand this at all. Mederos is normally lights out for 4 innings. So why is he losing his starting job when he probably won’t come in as a reliever for any longer than that? Put him on a short leash and let him be him. It’s possible to split a game with Mederos and Garland, if Gino and JD were unaware. We essentially benched the guy with arguably the best stuff on the team and are rolling out Garland instead.

And FWIW I know Garland seems much better as a starter than a bullpen guy too, but that’s not a trade I would make. This isn’t midweek anymore.

Advertisement
Back