Clemson

Clemson actually looked slow last night. On defense and on offense. We have a long way to go, but OSU laid out a pretty good blueprint to beat them. Speed and get up to the line and run plays. Glad Dabo got linked. It has been a long time coming.

Advertisement
Anyone who gets a leg up on a venables always goes quick. Day did it masterfully last night. They’d run up to the line and run the play immediately
Great observation. I noticed this also and they did do an incredible job of not giving Venable the time to change his defense and it hurt them. Losing Skalski also didn't help them.

Let me preface this by saying that of course it’s easier to run your mouth when you’re winning , and I may just be being paranoid

Did anyone else watching the game last night feel like Clemson played with wayyyyy more fire and determination to beat us , than they did last night vs OSU to go to the championship game ? They make a big play or score against us they’re standing over our players or immediately throwing the U down . I didn’t see none of that nonsense against OSU even before the beat down, nor against ND

Is it a lack of respect ? Hate ? I know , if you don’t want them doing it, stop them .
But It’s the same thing with recruits throwing our hat to the floor while other schools simply don’t get picked . It’s like teams have a special hate for Miami
Respect. They respect Ohio state and they don’t us And why should they respect us?

I watched the defensive secondary for Clemson all night and they got manhandled to say the least. I believe number 1 was Derion Hendrick and have never seen a CB so afraid of tackling and taking a lick. He didn't want to do tackle anyone and literally sometimes ran away from making a tackle. This guy makes our secondary looks like superstars. He had an absolutely atrocious evening yesterday.

I agree with what everybody said basically...still seems like there’s that extra fire to beat down Miami than there is vs other teams

Advertisement
It was the popular opinion of this board that Clemson wasn't as good as normal at least at certain positions. That turned out to be 100% true. Ohio State looked incredible last night.
Mhm. I’m gonna keep saying: their back 7 is laughable. Amari Carter’s buddy Skalski is a clown and shouldn’t be the leader of any defense. Nolan Turner is still clinging on to the INT from last year that was more a miscommunication than actual good play on his part, dude isn’t a starting safety on any top 25 team. Number 1 was getting beat worse than Ivey and Blades in their worst games. Outside of the front 4 that defense was not talented and it showed. It will be good in the ACC play but get to the big stage and it will be bullied. Lashlee did a great job of making them look elite by playing scared and not attacking them.

Advertisement
I agree with what everybody said basically...still seems like there’s that extra fire to beat down Miami than there is vs other teams
I agree that most teams play with extra fire against us. In my opinion, it’s because they are playing the “ghost of Canes past” where this team chirps just like the old Canes but this team has a false bravado.

So when they are able to beat a “Canes” team there is the “You talking a lot of **** but I still beat that ***” mentality. There is a huge satisfaction in beating massive **** talkers in submission.

Clemson about to come down to earth , Easy to win with 2 generational quarterbacks Watson and Lawrence. There defense especially the back 7 are average. Even there front 4 of 5 stars wasnt too impressive.

Mhm. I’m gonna keep saying: their back 7 is laughable. Amari Carter’s buddy Skalski is a clown and shouldn’t be the leader of any defense. Nolan Turner is still clinging on to the INT from last year that was more a miscommunication than actual good play on his part, dude isn’t a starting safety on any top 25 team. Number 1 was getting beat worse than Ivey and Blades in their worst games. Outside of the front 4 that defense was not talented and it showed. It will be good in the ACC play but get to the big stage and it will be bullied. Lashlee did a great job of making them look elite by playing scared and not attacking them.
They about to crash back to earth. NC and Miami bringing in comparable talent Not impressed by them next year.

I kept thinking like OP, while watching. But in conclusion, they were outgunned, manhandled, mismatched, out-talented, etc., etc.

Advertisement
It was the popular opinion of this board that Clemson wasn't as good as normal at least at certain positions. That turned out to be 100% true. Ohio State looked incredible last night.

Combine that with Tony Elliot not being there. They looked elite with the first couple scripted drives and absolutely lost afterwards. Calling plays is all about feel and whoever did it last night had ZERO.

Advertisement
Back