Clemson, WTF happened to them...

It's normal for college football. The problem is the last decade has taught us to think the good teams will be good until eternity. You can't hit on every prospect, people don't pan out. Outside of Alabama, Clemson, and maaaybe Ohio State, every other team that has ever been part of the college football national championship conversation the last decade have had 3 and 4 loss seasons.

They usually end the same way, really good players masking serious problems that don't get addressed because the team performs well. But then those guys leave and it hits like a ton of bricks.

Yup. See FSU and Crab Legs/Dalvin Cook.

Advertisement
The only reason I still attend the games, besides tailgating, is bc of how pathetic the ACC is, it is wide open at this point. Clemson has looked bad all year and might lose to Wake and BC.

Yes Miami suks but so does everyone else. We might accidentally win this garbage a$$ conference.

Seems to me that Dabo has a combination of missed evals coupled with ignoring the depth issues that he has on his team. There was an expected drop off once Trevor Lawrence went to the NFL, but DJ is by no means a solid QB.

Super simplistic. That's why I don't see Lawrence as this sure fire Hall of Fame QB that everyone in the media crowned him to be. Clemson's offense was all smoke and mirrors with only one read for him to make. His 7 INTs to start his NFL career is unsurprising and a trait he may never grow out of. The man was never asked to make a single progression in his entire Clemson career.

Advertisement
The new QB has all the natural gifts, but he reminds me of when Miami had Kyle Wright. All the physical tools but he processes things slow, and he holds the ball, he is unsure of himself. Clemson OL hasn't been good, they can't run block.

and he also got nil deals and those obligations to take care of. dr pepper is probably kicking themselves for putting him in commercials based on his performance against last year's notre dame paper tiger.

Advertisement
Back