Clemson - Virginia

I hate bakers blitzes they are awful. Also we’re so ****ed bc our LBs just blitz if their man doesn’t release on a route. Watch us get killed be delayed releases from Etinne for big gains

Advertisement
For those who are getting so overconfident about how terrible the Clemson defense is, you might want to remember that they've had these defensive letdown games in previous years. In 2018, they gave up 29 first downs, 600 yards and 35 points to South Carolina, which left some ridiculing their playoff possibilities. So what happened in their next 2 games? 30-3 over undefeated Notre Dame and 44-16 over undefeated Alabama.

For those who are getting so overconfident about how terrible the Clemson defense is, you might want to remember that they've had these defensive letdown games in previous years. In 2018, they gave up 29 first downs, 600 yards and 35 points to South Carolina, which left some ridiculing their playoff possibilities. So what happened in their next 2 games? 30-3 over undefeated Notre Dame and 44-16 over undefeated Alabama.
I don't think too many people are "overconfident." They're still the #1 team in the nation and very well-coached. They have very good Corners, talented DL and veterans throughout their unit. Many of us merely used this game to check on vulnerabilities we had already seen in previous games.

Further, Venables didn't really dial anything up tonight. It was all straightforward. Almost certainly, he'll have (because he needs) something spicy for King and our O-unit. So, I don't think it's so much about thinking we're going to roll their defense as it is understanding where we can actually make plays against them. And, I think there are some spots.

Advertisement
I don't think too many people are "overconfident." They're still the #1 team in the nation and very well-coached. They have very good Corners, talented DL and veterans throughout their unit. Many of us merely used this game to check on vulnerabilities we had already seen in previous games.

Further, Venables didn't really dial anything up tonight. It was all straightforward. Almost certainly, he'll have (because he needs) something spicy for King and our O-unit. So, I don't think it's so much about thinking we're going to roll their defense as it is understanding where we can actually make plays against them. And, I think there are some spots.
I’m just hoping we keep it close. I’m not expecting a win

I also think once our Offense start tempo it will be hard for Venables with his play calling. Lsu had success with this because they were one step ahead of Venables with playcalling tempo and he was slow getting Clemson's defense lined up. Also they got wore out by it. So i believe it will benefit us playing against a young front 7 that will have issues lining up.

I understand ur point but, this defense isn’t like those. The past defenses had talent all over that u could still see last night they looked weak. Simmons is gone and he did a lot for them that they don’t have this year

Problem is our receivers aren’t physical and suck at contested catches.
This is one of the main problems I have with the staff. They keep playing receivers who don’t make normal catches let alone contested ones. They younger guys who we have heard are good at going up and getting the ball don’t play enough. This is a big boy football game and what we have been seeing from our older receivers is not going to cut it.

Advertisement
This is one of the main problems I have with the staff. They keep playing receivers who don’t make normal catches let alone contested ones. They younger guys who we have heard are good at going up and getting the ball don’t play enough. This is a big boy football game and what we have been seeing from our older receivers is not going to cut it.
Agreed. We’ve had two different WR coaches and a WR friendly offensive scheme and they are still struggling. We’ll see if they shut us up vs Clemson.

offense needs to score 35+ for us to have a chance. Defensively, i believe Miami will play very similar to what they did against FSU. let the front 4 work, rally and make tackles. Can't have these blitzes with safeties 15yds deep just giving sunshine easy first reads. If we are blitzing we better have that first read covered up.

they cannot let Etienne get to the outside. He dragged a Virginia defender 5 yards last night. He's not only fast, he's strong....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson plays

What does disinterested look like exactly?

Do you now understand what I said in regard to this? Probably not, but you should now after seeing the Clemson performance against UVA and the *** beating they put on the Canes.

Advertisement
Back