Clemson spring game

Advertisement
Zion, Donaldson, Malloy, Harley would start for Clemson, and Don would rotate with Lyn-J for snaps at RB.

I don’t think any of our front 7 would start for them, but Harvey, Silvera, JHH would get snaps. Stevenson would grab one CB spot, and I think Bolden and Hall would start at safety.
I think most people want hall on the bench here not sure hes starting at clemson and bolden has been average

Advertisement
I think most people want hall on the bench here not sure hes starting at clemson and bolden has been average
Clemson’s safeties aren’t good. Nolan Turner isn’t an NFL player, and Landon Zanders is ehhh. Bolden and Hall actually are more talented than those 2.

I follow Clemson closely, wife graduated there, we go to games, listen to their sports talk radio, so I have a good idea on both teams players.

When I say who can start for them from Miami, I am right. Zion would start at LT, Donaldson at guard, Harley in slot(leading returning catch guy is the TE, Mallory is better than him though.

I would take Miami’s overall RB room over Clemson. Last year they had Etienne and Demarcus Bowman, both are gone.

Zion, Donaldson, Malloy, Harley would start for Clemson, and Don would rotate with Lyn-J for snaps at RB.

I don’t think any of our front 7 would start for them, but Harvey, Silvera, JHH would get snaps. Stevenson would grab one CB spot, and I think Bolden and Hall would start at safety.
Harvey would not get snaps man stop playing lol.

Marcus Tate going to Clemson hurt.

Position of need, we seemed to be in great position early in his recruitment, then bam he takes one trip to Clemson loves it.

Felt the same when Sony Michel went to UGA.

some hometown spurns hurt more Than others.
WE NEVER WERE IN GOOD POSITION LIKE THAT.

I literally sat next to him on airplane and his family his jr year on his way to Clemson for a trip and the fam was decked out in Clemson gear and basically locked in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson is a legit NC contender again.

Last year they missed a true #1 WR in Justyn Ross. He still isn’t 100% he can play this year.

I know people have said they are loaded at WR, but none have proven anything at all. Ladson and Ngata are always hurt. Ajou is still raw, he isn’t ready to be a true #1.

The OL was an issue last year, they couldn’t run block consistently. Lawrence and Etienne covered a lot of warts.

D.J. Is a great prospect, but one thing he isn’t nearly as good as Lawrence is running the ball. When Clemson didn’t have the threat of QB run game last year they struggled. 140 yards rushing on 64 carries in 2 games of no Trevor.

The defense is going to be nasty. They return like 9-10 starters off last years team, and the 3 young pups are growing up on the front in Breese, Murphy, and Simpson.

Skalski came back for a 6 year to lead the LB corps.

Andrew Booth at CB is an insane athlete.

They should be a playoff team again, but I do think UNC and Miami both can give them games this year if they play in ACC title game. I think the gap isn’t as wide as it used to be.
I agree with parts you said. It didn’t occur to me until I was in the ******* this afternoon. I think we maybe seeing the start of a decline for Clemson, at least offensively. I watch their Spring Game some and immediately noticed there is a SHARP drop off in talent after the ones. Having sunshine and Etienne for 3 years didn’t really prepare them for life afterwards. Aside from that they’re suppose to have a “running back by committee” deal meaning no 1 true Ace back can separate himself. If the ones have to play longer and they can’t afford to sub due to talent, those are gassed players on the field. I don’t care how good they are, there human and humans get tired. When they played OState heads up and lost, I don’t think most took it as much. This season should be very telling. I don’t think they’re the team they use to be. I could see them losing two games. Them playing in the ACC will help but against the Elites? Nah.

I agree with parts you said. It didn’t occur to me until I was in the ******* this afternoon. I think we maybe seeing the start of a decline for Clemson, at least offensively. I watch their Spring Game some and immediately noticed there is a SHARP drop off in talent after the ones. Having sunshine and Etienne for 3 years didn’t really prepare them for life afterwards. Aside from that they’re suppose to have a “running back by committee” deal meaning no 1 true Ace back can separate himself. If the ones have to play longer and they can’t afford to sub due to talent, those are gassed players on the field. I don’t care how good they are, there human and humans get tired. When they played OState heads up and lost, I don’t think most took it as much. This season should be very telling. I don’t think they’re the team they use to be. I could see them losing two games. Them playing in the ACC will help but against the Elites? Nah.
They have some serious issues with QB after DJ. If he goes down, it's going to get real interesting. Apparently Dabo and Venables sons saw a lot of snaps this spring... They had quite a few guys out with injury or rehab from late fall injury

Dabo was bragging on their freshman RB Will Shipley saying he can do it all. He was rated as a 5-star #2 RB, but I didn't see anything impressive from him in their Spring Game. He runs sub 4.5.

IDK if he's the next Great White Hype or the next Christian McCaffrey. 247Sports compares him to Joe Mixon.
I watched some of his HS highlights. He is fast, but doesn't have much wiggle. I didn't see the spring game.

https://247sports.com/Article/Clems...Dabo-Swinney-freshman-running-back-163601858/

Advertisement
I think the weakest link of the Clemson team is their offensive line. They've never had a great offensive line with very few draft picks. This year's group of offensive linemen are young with very little experience. They looked a bit exposed against their defensive line which is the strength of their team.

If there's any year to dethrone them, it's this year.
Clemson has had fantastic OL units.

With that said, their individuals have not been drafted at an equal level.

I suspect we might finally see the cracks in Clemson's program, that have been evident last few years, break open and they fall from consisent CFPPO contender.

Still dominant ACC team. no question, but that isn't their goal... that's a given for them presently.

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Not being a nope but that offense will be fine. But that defense will be sick

Advertisement
Clemson has had fantastic OL units.

With that said, their individuals have not been drafted at an equal level.
Listen to yourself. Are you kidding me? Making excuses as though you are some draft evaluation expert. NFLteams leave no stone unturned. Surely they would evaluate players from a national championship team and perinial power. NFL teams even draft players at the FCS level. If they were good enough, they would be in the NFL at least as undrafted free agents. The fact that you coud even post this is disturbing.

The Clemson offense line benefits from the type of offense they run. They couldn't get it done against ND ir Ohio State. They're good enough against most teams. They are less experienced this year than they have been in a long time.

Listen to yourself. Are you kidding me? Making excuses as though you are some draft evaluation expert. NFLteams leave no stone unturned. Surely they would evaluate players from a national championship team and perinial power. NFL teams even draft players at the FCS level. If they were good enough, they would be in the NFL at least as undrafted free agents. The fact that you coud even post this is disturbing.

The Clemson offense line benefits from the type of offense they run. They couldn't get it done against ND ir Ohio State. They're good enough against most teams. They are less experienced this year than they have been in a long time.
I do listen to myself. If you were smart, you would as well.

Please explain how Clemson's scheme enables their OL, as a unit, to perform they way they do when you still have to block the man in front of you to a great degree. Yes it [scheme] helps, but don't kid yourself all things being equal and reasonable. If that is the secret sauce, why dosn't each team copy them? Btw, Bama's DL says hello from the beating they took from Clemson in Champ game.

It is entirely possible, I would argue probable, that their OL performs at a high/elite level year after year because of coaching, and to some degree, a scheme that maximizes their potential. This is divorced from NFL market valuing each individual because the funnel takes a very large pool and shrinks it to what, 40-50 total at each position? NFL has luxury of picking the very best and supercharging what they can fo via coaching and scheme.

Top performance as part of a team (sum is greater than parts) happens far more than muppets who worship individuals want, or are capable of, believing.

Let's take the platinum standard for CFB Champs--our very own Hurricanes circa 2001.

As I recall, the mighty Ken Dorsey was drafted in 7th Rd by 49ers right?

Last edited:
I do listen to myself. If you were smart, you would as well.

Please explain how Clemson's scheme enables their OL, as a unit, to perform they way they do when you still have to block the man in front of you.

Top performance as part of a team (sum is greater than parts) happens far more than muppets who worship individuals want (or are capable of) believing.

Let's take the platinum standard for CFB Champs--our very own Hurricanes circa 2001.

As I recall, the mighty Ken Dorsey was drafted in 7th Rd by 49ers right?
Dude. You're an idiot. Stop posting please. You're just showing your *** acting ike you know more than the scouts and GM's of 32 NFL teams.

He was also the No.1 overall recruit in the country. Not just some ‘good’ recruit. Last guy we got like that was Jaelan Phillips.
And when we miss on those guys it's never a big deal to the slurpers. Dude was a fresh str8 mauling dudes and our DL be on skates or have trex arms.

Advertisement
Back