Clemson spring game

Advertisement
Still remember the game against Clemson in 2020.... first drive of the game we stop them on 3rd and 5, then Quincy Roche gets flagged for lining up offsides and they get a free first down. Drive it in and score.

Our first posession Jakai Clark gets flagged TWICE for false starts in the same series... 1st and 20 and of course we don't convert that and end up punting.

Next series Clemson has the ball, and we have them stopped again but Amari Carter gets flagged for targeting, 15 yards and the drive continues. Later in the drive, someone gets flagged for a late hit out of bounds, which gives Clemson another free 15 yards. Clemson scores another TD and now we're in a 14 point hole.

Point is this.... we can sign all the great players we want, but until the mental mistakes stop, we're not hanging with the likes of Clemson and Alabama.

Same thing that happened against North Carolina. Sometimes Miami just can't get out of its own way.

Marcus Tate going to Clemson hurt.

Position of need, we seemed to be in great position early in his recruitment, then bam he takes one trip to Clemson loves it.

Felt the same when Sony Michel went to UGA.

some hometown spurns hurt more Than others.
Evan Neal was a big hurt
He alone could have shored up one whole side of the line
Imagine him next to 55

Advertisement
Clemson is a legit NC contender again.

Last year they missed a true #1 WR in Justyn Ross. He still isn’t 100% he can play this year.

I know people have said they are loaded at WR, but none have proven anything at all. Ladson and Ngata are always hurt. Ajou is still raw, he isn’t ready to be a true #1.

The OL was an issue last year, they couldn’t run block consistently. Lawrence and Etienne covered a lot of warts.

D.J. Is a great prospect, but one thing he isn’t nearly as good as Lawrence is running the ball. When Clemson didn’t have the threat of QB run game last year they struggled. 140 yards rushing on 64 carries in 2 games of no Trevor.

The defense is going to be nasty. They return like 9-10 starters off last years team, and the 3 young pups are growing up on the front in Breese, Murphy, and Simpson.

Skalski came back for a 6 year to lead the LB corps.

Andrew Booth at CB is an insane athlete.

They should be a playoff team again, but I do think UNC and Miami both can give them games this year if they play in ACC title game. I think the gap isn’t as wide as it used to be.

Zion, Donaldson, Malloy, Harley would start for Clemson, and Don would rotate with Lyn-J for snaps at RB.

I don’t think any of our front 7 would start for them, but Harvey, Silvera, JHH would get snaps. Stevenson would grab one CB spot, and I think Bolden and Hall would start at safety.

Still remember the game against Clemson in 2020.... first drive of the game we stop them on 3rd and 5, then Quincy Roche gets flagged for lining up offsides and they get a free first down. Drive it in and score.

Our first posession Jakai Clark gets flagged TWICE for false starts in the same series... 1st and 20 and of course we don't convert that and end up punting.

Next series Clemson has the ball, and we have them stopped again but Amari Carter gets flagged for targeting, 15 yards and the drive continues. Later in the drive, someone gets flagged for a late hit out of bounds, which gives Clemson another free 15 yards. Clemson scores another TD and now we're in a 14 point hole.

Point is this.... we can sign all the great players we want, but until the mental mistakes stop, we're not hanging with the likes of Clemson and Alabama.

Same thing that happened against North Carolina. Sometimes Miami just can't get out of its own way.
That offsides call was 100% technically correct and 100% political to set the momentum of the game. It was a chicken**** call.

That offsides call was 100% technically correct and 100% political to set the momentum of the game. It was a chicken**** call.

While true, you can't have your grad transfer future NFL defensive lineman make such a critical mistake at a time like that. You could even feel watching it on TV that it totally killed the momentum and energy.

Advertisement
While true, you can't have your grad transfer future NFL defensive lineman make such a critical mistake at a time like that. You could even feel watching it on TV that it totally killed the momentum and energy.
You are correct.

Last year they missed a true #1 WR in Justyn Ross. He still isn’t 100% he can play this year.

I know people have said they are loaded at WR, but none have proven anything at all. Ladson and Ngata are always hurt. Ajou is still raw, he isn’t ready to be a true #1.

The OL was an issue last year, they couldn’t run block consistently. Lawrence and Etienne covered a lot of warts.

D.J. Is a great prospect, but one thing he isn’t nearly as good as Lawrence is running the ball. When Clemson didn’t have the threat of QB run game last year they struggled. 140 yards rushing on 64 carries in 2 games of no Trevor.

The defense is going to be nasty. They return like 9-10 starters off last years team, and the 3 young pups are growing up on the front in Breese, Murphy, and Simpson.

They should be a playoff team again, but I do think UNC and Miami both can give them games this year if they play in ACC title game. I think the gap isn’t as wide as it used to be.

Ladsen out for entire spring. They hope he gets cleared at some point in the summer. Had some unidentified surgery. He's barely been on the field the first two years.

From reading their spring game notes, seems they have a lot of work to do on the Oline. And the backup QB situation is a real question right now - Hunter Helms took reps yesterday. The other three guys don't arrive until summer .

It seems like they have more questions this year than in the past.

Maybe I'm missing something...but it wasn't LCE pumping the praises of Taisun. Wasn't it Hightower's uncle?
Facts.

I only spoke on Taisun when he came to Paradise & I didn’t bring him up a ton at all, Hightower’s uncle BKDee was the one who was hyping Taisun.

But it’s hilarious how people throw sh*t on me I never even said lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They're more talented than most if not all of their opponents. However, I just don't think they're going to be as good as their teams in recent years. Their defense will give their offense plenty of opportunities. However, their offensive line is the weak link. ND shut down their running game in the 1st meeting and so did Ohio State in the CFP. Clemson had 33 carries for 34 yard in the regular season game against ND. They had 22 carries for 44 yards against Ohio State in their playoff game.

Travis Etienne, one of the nation's best running backs had 18 carries for 28 yards in the 1st game against ND and 10 for 32 yards against Ohio State in the CFP.

Clemson isn't as talented in the backfield or the offensive line as 2021. Making Clemson 1-dimensional by taking away their running game will be the key for any team wanting to challenge them.

Last edited:

To add salt to the first penalty against Roche, he wasn't even rushing on the play, he went into coverage and almost had an Int.

Advertisement
That game sucked. LSU under Richt we got hammered early and often. But Clemson looked like we self-destructed.

I refuse to believe we can't compete against Top 10 teams, even if we're the weaker team personnel-wise at the moment. Get a few calls to bounce our way, get some mo, and we could knock someone like a Clemson off. And the bottom half of the Top 10 don't even have a significant edge on us in talent.

They're more talented than most if not all of their opponents. However, I just don't think they're going to be as good as their teams in recent years. Their defense will give their offense plenty of opportunities. However, their offensive line is the weak link. ND shut down their running game in the 1st meeting and so did Ohio State in the CFP. Clemson had 33 carries for 34 yard in the regular season game against ND. They had 22 carries for 44 yards against Ohio State in their playoff game.

Travis Etienne, one of the nation's best running backs had 18 carries for 28 yards in the 1st game against ND and 10 for 32 yards against Ohio State in the CFP.

Clemson isn't as talented in the backfield or the offensive line as 2021. Making Clemson 1-dimensional by taking away their running game will be the key for any team wanting to challenge them.
ETN saved them so many times now that he’s gone clemson can easily drop 2 games this year. Defense will be top 10 but offense may take a huge step back they will still be in the ACCCG tho

ETN saved them so many times now that he’s gone clemson can easily drop 2 games this year. Defense will be top 10 but offense may take a huge step back they will still be in the ACCCG tho
This, we slowed down Etienne running enough to compete, just had no answers for him out of the backfield converting thrid downs if I remember correctly. They're going to miss him a lot this year, more than Lawrence IMO.

Dabo was bragging on their freshman RB Will Shipley saying he can do it all. He was rated as a 5-star #2 RB, but I didn't see anything impressive from him in their Spring Game. He runs sub 4.5.

IDK if he's the next Great White Hype or the next Christian McCaffrey. 247Sports compares him to Joe Mixon.

Advertisement
Back