Clemson on national TV ESPN2

Yale is a tourney team, there only bad loss was at Duke early in the year. Just because they are Ivy League does not make them some trash team. This team does not quit and I can respect that.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Huh? Team does not look disoriented at all. We have no depth. We have a 7 man rotation and one is Mack, bless his heart. We've been in plenty of games against very good ACC teams (UNC (twice), FSU, NC State, UVA). Next year we have the Oklahoma transfer and two good incoming freshman, plus Gak coming back. I also wouldn't count out another grad transfer. This has been an amazing coaching job by Coach L.
Might be L's "best coaching job." Getting the most out of the least. I see our rotation as really only five players deep -- Lykes, Johnson, Izundu, Dejan and Amp. Mack and Sam? Right now, don't view either as belonging in an ACC rotation.

We had 8 scholarship players available when we lost to Yale. What was the excuse back then?
Every year there's at least one Ivy team that could easily finish at least in the lower middle of the ACC. In other words, a quality team.

Huh? Team does not look disoriented at all. We have no depth. We have a 7 man rotation and one is Mack, bless his heart. We've been in plenty of games against very good ACC teams (UNC (twice), FSU, NC State, UVA). Next year we have the Oklahoma transfer and two good incoming freshman, plus Gak coming back. I also wouldn't count out another grad transfer. This has been an amazing coaching job by Coach L.

Have you been watching? Listen, I'm a Coach L fan. Whether it's 7 players or 12, this team is bad -- in all aspects. And it's not because they're undermanned, it's because of the lack of talent. Offensively -- whatever the reason -- they're not executing. Poor shot selection. A lot of 1-on-1 play. Defensively, they're soft. Don't rebound. And aside from 1 maybe 2 players, they're not as engaged as they should be. These are things I'm not accustomed to seeing from Coach L led teams. I don't want to hear about 7 man rotation. That's a weak excuse. We can't compete for ACC titles with mid-major talent. Fact of the matter is that poor recruiting as put us in a bad position. This staff needs to tighten up their straps and get the job done on the recruiting trail. GO CANES!!!

Miami is losing games by 2-3 points regularly, Dewan was averaging 12+ a night. last year. Think that doesn't make a difference? Never mind the fact that having another athletic body means that these consistent offensive swoons wouldn't be as consistent. You could feed Dewan in the post and at least create some opportunities. Never mind the additional rebounds and blocks he would bring to the table Think having another legitimate body in Wilson wouldn't have helped in regards to closing out some of these games?

It's not the losing that has some me concerned. It's the way they're losing. Losing Dewan just camouflages some of the deficiencies this team really has. Problem is so much bigger than Dewan. If you look at the current roster, there are no high major players on this team besides Lykes. This team is stacked with a bunch of role players who at best would probably get spot minutes on good ACC teams. Kind of reminds me of the current Miami Heat team, which leads me to another point. To answer your question whether Dewan would make a major difference in W/L? How much of a difference did Goran Dragic have in W/L with this year's Heat team? Get my point? When you're a bad team with lack of talent, it's not much one player can do.

Advertisement
Have you been watching? Listen, I'm a Coach L fan. Whether it's 7 players or 12, this team is bad -- in all aspects. And it's not because they're undermanned, it's because of the lack of talent. Offensively -- whatever the reason -- they're not executing. Poor shot selection. A lot of 1-on-1 play. Defensively, they're soft. Don't rebound. And aside from 1 maybe 2 players, they're not as engaged as they should be. These are things I'm not accustomed to seeing from Coach L led teams. I don't want to hear about 7 man rotation. That's a weak excuse. We can't compete for ACC titles with mid-major talent. Fact of the matter is that poor recruiting as put us in a bad position. This staff needs to tighten up their straps and get the job done on the recruiting trail. GO CANES!!!

This might not be a very talented team but don't for a minute underestimate the severe depth problem. Rotations are part of the game of basketball. Being able to rest players and we can do neither game in and game out. Makes me wonder how much you played the game. Definitely not even highschool ball for sure.

I don’t know whether to be happy DJ finally went off or upset that he doesn’t play like this regularly.
How many players hit 5 3's in a game? He had been in a shooting slump the last 5 games, luckily he snapped out of it last night.

I was responding to some of the aforementioned NIT talk. It ain't happenin'. With or without Dewan, we weren't gonna make the big dance. We may have had a chance at the NIT. Wilson would've played some but I doubt he'd have a major role in the team's success. He'd probably be battling Mack for minutes. Coach L is a very good coach, but poor recruiting the past 2 years is taking it's toll. And if the recruiting and winning doesn't pick back up quickly, I don't see Coach L staying to finish out his contract.
Where is he going? You think he is going to get sick? That is about the only way he won't be coaching out the rest of his contract. His recruiting class last year was destroyed by the FBI crap that wasnt even true.

I had to miss the Clemson game due to a sudden medical concern within the family. Everything is fine now but I'm sick that I missed a game with that type of finish.

Advertisement
Where is he going? You think he is going to get sick? That is about the only way he won't be coaching out the rest of his contract. His recruiting class last year was destroyed by the FBI crap that wasnt even true.

Actually, their last 2 classes have left a lot to be desired. Hope they can turn it around. I think he's he very good coach, one of the best in the conference. But as good as he is, he's going to need quality players to be among the higher echelon teams in the ACC. That's just a fact. Can't do it with smoke & mirrors at this level.

Actually, their last 2 classes have left a lot to be desired. Hope they can turn it around. I think he's he very good coach, one of the best in the conference. But as good as he is, he's going to need quality players to be among the higher echelon teams in the ACC. That's just a fact. Can't do it with smoke & mirrors at this level.
He had no chance to have any class after the bogus FBI tape. 2 years ago we got Lonnie, Lykes and Gak. That was a bad class?

Advertisement
This might not be a very talented team but don't for a minute underestimate the severe depth problem. Rotations are part of the game of basketball. Being able to rest players and we can do neither game in and game out. Makes me wonder how much you played the game. Definitely not even highschool ball for sure.

LOL! That's funny. I was fortunate to play ball at all 3 levels and been coaching for the last 20+ years. In fact, I've had a number of former players play at the U. I recognize because of attrition and poor recruiting the past couple of years, there is a lack of depth and talent on this roster. Again, I hope they can turn it around. But make no mistake about it, it's not going to happen until the recruiting picks back up. It is what it is. GO CANES!!!

He had no chance to have any class after the bogus FBI tape. 2 years ago we got Lonnie, Lykes and Gak. That was a bad class?

That was a very good class. Quite possibly his best, since he's been here. But that's the kind of class he's going to need more times than not in order to compete for ACC titles.

LOL! That's funny. I was fortunate to play ball at all 3 levels and been coaching for the last 20+ years. In fact, I've had a number of former players play at the U. I recognize because of attrition and poor recruiting the past couple of years, there is a lack of depth and talent on this roster. Again, I hope they can turn it around. But make no mistake about it, it's not going to happen until the recruiting picks back up. It is what it is. GO CANES!!!

I don't know man if you were a coach you would show some sympathy . You forget Deng Gak has not played in a long time. That in itself would have made Coach L's job just a little easier. In a basketball world of one and dones it complicates things. I think a kid should have to stay a minimum of two years.

Advertisement
That was a very good class. Quite possibly his best, since he's been here. But that's the kind of class he's going to need more times than not in order to compete for ACC titles.
You said the laat 2 were bad. That was 2 years ago. Im sure last year would have been very good but the FBI garbage made it impossible to recruit.

I don't know man if you were a coach you would show some sympathy . You forget Deng Gak has not played in a long time. That in itself would have made Coach L's job just a little easier. In a basketball world of one and dones it complicates things. I think a kid should have to stay a minimum of two years.

I do have sympathy for what they're going thru, but being a fan doesn't make me oblivious to what's going on.

You said the laat 2 were bad. That was 2 years ago. Im sure last year would have been very good but the FBI garbage made it impossible to recruit.

Last 2 classes being 2018 and 2019.

And, of that small number, how many were associated with the coaching staff, players, media, etc.?

Makes it REALLY HARD to believe AD's claim the place was sold out for this and previous seasons. I mean, I know this particular season is disappointing but no way 95% of the "season ticket holders" stay away. That doesn't happen anywhere!!

Considering that the typical Miami fan only shows up when the team is good, and that you have a ton of season ticket packages sold to people who only care about the major ACC games, it's believable. It's similar to when the Watsco Center is a ghost town during Non-Conference play, unless it's an opponent worth a ****. We've seen awful crowds when the team is ranked for crying out loud, playing garbage(Sometimes playing solid teams that aren't "Name" programs). You think people really care about unranked Clemson coming to town?

Advertisement
Back