Clemson on national TV ESPN2

Advertisement
For those not watching, Zack decided (or Coach L) rather than let Lykes take last shot, they let Zack drive it in. He stumbles, loses it, gets it back, drives, misses, gets his own layup and lucky rollin when looked like a miss. GAME OVER NOW CANES WIN!
Not a terrible strategy to go with Zach. Over the last 6-7 minutes, Clemson's Skara was really sticking to Lykes like glue (botched refs call on Lykes 3 pt attempt or not). Once Zach started stumbling around I thought it was all over but ... we deserved that break when that prayer went in!

Really hoping we’ll carry momentum from this win into BC Sunday. Lord knows going to the NIT and showing that with a 7 man rotation is better than not being there at all.

I'll be shocked if Miami sees the post-season. No depth. Team looks disoriented, something I've never seen from a Coach L led team. There isn't one sure fire NBA guy on the roster neither, and saddest part is it doesn't look like much will be added for next year. Hope it can get turned around, but it definitely isn't looking good.

:snoopfacepalm:

Advertisement
I'll be shocked if Miami sees the post-season. No depth. Team looks disoriented, something I've never seen from a Coach L led team. There isn't one sure fire NBA guy on the roster neither, and saddest part is it doesn't look like much will be added for next year. Hope it can get turned around, but it definitely isn't looking good.

Did you just start following the team today?

If just Dewan and Wilson were playing, this would probably be a tourney team. We have 7 scholarship players. Coach L is actually doing a good job against very difficult circumstances.

We need to add a grad transfer big, but next year can definitely be at least a bubble team. Lykes, McGusty, Wong, Sam, and a GT big. Then Walker, Gak, and DJ off the bench.

This isnt football where you can just look at future NBA players. **** our great 2012-13 team only had 1 borderline NBA guy

If just Dewan and Wilson were playing, this would probably be a tourney team. We have 7 scholarship players. Coach L is actually doing a good job against very difficult circumstances.

We need to add a grad transfer big, but next year can definitely be at least a bubble team. Lykes, McGusty, Wong, Sam, and a GT big. Then Walker, Gak, and DJ off the bench.

This isnt football where you can just look at future NBA players. **** our great 2012-13 team only had 1 borderline NBA guy

I was responding to some of the aforementioned NIT talk. It ain't happenin'. With or without Dewan, we weren't gonna make the big dance. We may have had a chance at the NIT. Wilson would've played some but I doubt he'd have a major role in the team's success. He'd probably be battling Mack for minutes. Coach L is a very good coach, but poor recruiting the past 2 years is taking it's toll. And if the recruiting and winning doesn't pick back up quickly, I don't see Coach L staying to finish out his contract.

Advertisement
I was responding to some of the aforementioned NIT talk. It ain't happenin'. With or without Dewan, we weren't gonna make the big dance. We may have had a chance at the NIT. Wilson would've played some but I doubt he'd have a major role in the team's success. He'd probably be battling Mack for minutes. Coach L is a very good coach, but poor recruiting the past 2 years is taking it's toll. And if the recruiting and winning doesn't pick back up quickly, I don't see Coach L staying to finish out his contract.

thanks FBI

To answer your question, yes. He just started paying attention. It's amazing how ignorant a lot of our "Fans" are in regards to this program. This may be L's best coaching job, because this team is giving ranked teams everything they can handle, and they are doing it with 7 players. Miami is one additional body from making the NCAA tournament, that's how competitive this team is, in the toughest conference in the nation.

The funny part is that effort hasn't been a problem all year, I don't know where this dumbass came up with the "Disinterested" line. This squad competes night in and night out. That's a tribute to the job L and his staff, they are getting the most out of this team.

Miami is losing games by 2-3 points regularly, Dewan was averaging 12+ a night. last year. Think that doesn't make a difference? Never mind the fact that having another athletic body means that these consistent offensive swoons wouldn't be as consistent. You could feed Dewan in the post and at least create some opportunities. Never mind the additional rebounds and blocks he would bring to the table Think having another legitimate body in Wilson wouldn't have helped in regards to closing out some of these games?

Advertisement
Its about time the ball bounced in our favor. This has been a crap year in nearly every sport and I hate Clemson so thank you basketball gods for this one little gift.

Around 500 fans in attendance. Sad.
And, of that small number, how many were associated with the coaching staff, players, media, etc.?

Makes it REALLY HARD to believe AD's claim the place was sold out for this and previous seasons. I mean, I know this particular season is disappointing but no way 95% of the "season ticket holders" stay away. That doesn't happen anywhere!!

Advertisement

Huh? Team does not look disoriented at all. We have no depth. We have a 7 man rotation and one is Mack, bless his heart. We've been in plenty of games against very good ACC teams (UNC (twice), FSU, NC State, UVA). Next year we have the Oklahoma transfer and two good incoming freshman, plus Gak coming back. I also wouldn't count out another grad transfer. This has been an amazing coaching job by Coach L.

Advertisement
Back