Clemson is just better

HurricaneHauk

Freshman
They've been stacking talent for years now, they have talent everywhere down their depth chart

We'll be there in two years

Advertisement
Couldn't agree more...they did the same thing last year to a Ohio State team that also stock piles talent. We were a overachieving team without 2 of our best players.

Talent level at most every position maybe every position is just better....most positions waaaaay better.Its a process that can’t / wont be fixed overnight.

dude you're not getting it. It's not that we lost...it's how we we lost. We got waxed harder than anyone on their schedule not named kent or the citadel

this was a **** poor effort by everyone

Idk....I see the same thing the last 2 games. We didn't capitalize (defensively) on things that we had been doing in VT/ND. Offensively...if you shoot yourself in the foot enough, eventually you don't have enough toes to walk on, no matter how hard you try.

Advertisement
dude you're not getting it. It's not that we lost...it's how we we lost. We got waxed harder than anyone on their schedule not named kent or the citadel

this was a **** poor effort by everyone

We lost on talent, but lack of execution is what made it ugly. Guys unable to secure a loose ball, QB missing open WR, clutch FG kicker missing badly, fumble, ball hist WR in the hands and bounces into the hands of a defender...these are the reasons we got stomped. If we executed, it would have at least been close. And when it's close, who knows?

Clemson is better, but not that much better.

We have very few players who would start over their first team. It is what it is, but **** we looked dumb as **** at times. Malek Young might as well transfer as those corners coming in will take his spot.

Some of you young pups don't remember when Dabo Sweeney's inability to win important games was a running joke. Every year Clemson would start out highly ranked, but it was a given that the team would "Clemson."

Advertisement
They’re better. We didn’t capitalize on anything. They got all the bounces. That equals an *** whooping. Don’t go into a full fledged existential crisis. Clemson was better tonight. We had a converted DE being thrown to as a passing option in the conference championship. Dabo beat Manny. Venables ate Richts lunch. Their dudes were better. Winning games like this start in February

Some of you young pups don't remember when Dabo Sweeney's inability to win important games was a running joke. Every year Clemson would start out highly ranked, but it was a given that the team would "Clemson."

Oh i remember! It wasn't that long ago. It was 3-4 years ago. FSueeewwwwuuuu rolled into Clemson and stole their manhood during a much hyped Top 10 Showdown...but Dabo stayed the course, kept recruiting, and slayed the dragon.

Agreed. I don't know how long Clemson can sustain this level. It isn't necessarily suggested by their location or recruiting base. But right now they are doing a remarkable job. I have been back in Miami since late 2008 and Canes season ticket holder again beginning in 2009. I always get into the seat early and watch pregame warmups. That 2015 Clemson team was stunning in that it looked so much more athletic and sturdy than the Canes or the typical top notch college roster. It was glaring as soon as they ran onto the field. Florida State always looks somewhat like that but in the 9 seasons I've been attending these games recently there's no question that Clemson team is the best looking squad we've faced. Nobody looked dumpy or like they didn't belong. I had Clemson -7.5 points in that game and it felt like a winner before the game began. Actually it was a double win since Golden was ousted.

They are better but not by much as the score would indicate. They must of had at least 6 or 7 drives start in our territory. Then you add on the only 2 kickoffs they had got it to the 35+ yard line. Every other drive had to have been at the 45-50 yard line on their side of the field. Actually I can't remember 1 drive that started at the 25 yard line for Clemson. This is why I've said we just need to kick touch backs.

Advertisement
Agreed. I don't know how long Clemson can sustain this level....

All things go in cycles. Look at FSU, who would have thought they would have a year like they just did? Look at us 2002, who would have thought we would have a decade+ of the **** we dealt with?

Good news is that our direction looks to be up.

We got to see the players tonight up close and personal. Clemson players looked bigger stronger and more importantly older. They looked like men. It was shocking to me how different we looked m.

Our guys are so young. The whole team is so young.

Advertisement
Yes, Clemson is better. When playing at their best like tonight, they're probably a lot better. But this game got away from us early and their defense is just too talented and too well coached for our limited offense and its limited QB to overcome. Some blame is deserved for the D coaches not being better prepared for the initial onslaught, but they did adjust, so I think our ability is a little better than the final score.

So what to conclude from it all? Richt is right that we need more good players. We need depth and especially a good QB. And those players need to be healthy. That should solve a lot of it. Then there's the elephant in the room..... Do we have the right head coach? I'm still willing to believe we do, while admitting that I watch coaches like Scott Frost and Mike Norvell and think, wow, now that's impressive. But I thought the same about Tom Herman, and he's not impressing this year at Texas.

Do we have the nation's best head coach? His record says no. Is he top 10? Likely. Were all of our title-winning coaches the best in the nation? No. None of them except Jimmy won big elsewhere. So the real question is whether CMR is good enough to eventually win a national title at Miami. I'm reminded of a few things: Butch Davis, who built a title winning team, lost to FSU 47-0 in his 3rd year and lost to Syracuse 66-13 his 4th. And Dabo lost the Orange Bowl 70-33 to West Virginia in his 3rd year. Sometimes it takes a while. And there are no guarantees. People just need to come back down to earth from the unjustified high they got after Notre Dame.

And how about Pitt? They beat the **** out of us on offense and defense.. had a 3 score lead late in 4th.. freshman qb dragging our players

We got to see the players tonight up close and personal. Clemson players looked bigger stronger and more importantly older. They looked like men. It was shocking to me how different we looked m.

Clemson senior class is 6 players.. they lost a Ton off championship team last year.. this is their reload year.. Clemson is pretty young too

Clemson senior class is 6 players.. they lost a Ton off championship team last year.. this is their reload year.. Clemson is pretty young too

They might be young as well, but they "look" much older/ developed than us. The contrast was striking

Advertisement
Back