Clemson Game

I know exactly where you are talking about, I've been to Bacon Brothers multiple times in the past, I had a long-term work assignment up there once and I lived off of Pelham and Haywood.

What the **** happened to Saskatoon Steaks on Haywood down by 276? It used to be a bad-*** place with all kinds of wild game...have they subdivided that building? That place is...unusual...something out of the Pacific Northwest, but plopped down on a busy commercial road down the street from the biggest mall in Greenville.

EDIT - looks like Lewis Barbecue is just north of downtown, on 276.
Need to decide, one or all of TAMU, Clemson and one of the Virginia games.

Advertisement
anyone have a good suggestion on where to stay at Clemson ? I was considering staying somewhere near campus and renting a house with a bunch of guys but have no clue what its like there

Definitely stay in downtown Greenville.

I looked at Google maps to refresh my memory - if you want to be RIIIIIGHT on the river, book at either Embassy Suites or the Hampton Inn. The Embassy Suites is probably better, as it has a rooftop bar called Up on the Roof (there are several excellent rooftop bars within about 5 or 10 blocks of the river).

The Courtyard by Marriott is also nice, there is a very good restaurant down on the ground level called Rick Erwins, I went there a couple of times. I think the Westin is pretty nice too, it's a block north of the Courtyard.

You might also want to try Aloft, it's right by Tupelo Honey (loved that place). When I was up there a few years ago, there was a lot of new construction along Church Street, seems like there are some newer and/or renovated spots over there too.

Make a point to see Falls Park, and also the (minor league) baseball stadium a few blocks west, it is a miniature version of Fenway.

OK, I'm making the preliminary restaurant list for the Clemson game...additions may be pending...feel free to purge in between binging...

Lewis Barbecue
Smoke on the Water
Smoky Dreams
Smoking Pig (Easley or Pendleton, NOT Clemson)
Bacon Brothers
SBH Barbecue
Up on the Roof
Tupelo Honey
Saskatoon Steaks & Wild Game

Advertisement
OK, I'm making the preliminary restaurant list for the Clemson game...additions may be pending...feel free to purge in between binging...

Lewis Barbecue
Smoke on the Water
Smoky Dreams
Bacon Brothers
SBH Barbecue
Up on the Roof
Tupelo Honey
Steddys for wings, Taco Taco (both are in Easley)
Halls Chophouse
Mac’s Speed Shop
Nantucket

I know exactly where you are talking about, I've been to Bacon Brothers multiple times in the past, I had a long-term work assignment up there once and I lived off of Pelham and Haywood.

What the **** happened to Saskatoon Steaks on Haywood down by 276? It used to be a bad-*** place with all kinds of wild game...have they subdivided that building? That place is...unusual...something out of the Pacific Northwest, but plopped down on a busy commercial road down the street from the biggest mall in Greenville.

EDIT - looks like Lewis Barbecue is just north of downtown, on 276. May not QUITE be open yet, but almost there.
I'm pretty sure that Saskatoon is still open. I haven't been there in a while, but yes that place has always seemed a little out of place. Pretty unique and always a great time when I've been there.

I've had the buffalo flank and alligator bites. Wanted to try the kangaroo, but they were out the one night I asked for it, lol.

Anyway, Greenville has kind of become a little foodie spot right here between Atlanta and Charlotte...lots of different places to scout out
There are a couple of decent little Biergarten, Indian cuisine, several nice Italian hole in the wall places, etc., around. Not really a destination, but not a bad place to stop when passing through and find some good food

Lewis Barbecue
Smoke on the Water
Smoky Dreams
Bacon Brothers
SBH Barbecue
Up on the Roof
Tupelo Honey
So if you guys want to stay in Greenville, this list can grow. You would be about 45 to an hour from the stadium...but there are way more places to stay and hang out.

Lots of bars and of course many more restaurants, some of those are on this list already

Definitely stay in downtown Greenville.

I looked at Google maps to refresh my memory - if you want to be RIIIIIGHT on the river, book at either Embassy Suites or the Hampton Inn. The Embassy Suites is probably better, as it has a rooftop bar called Up on the Roof (there are several excellent rooftop bars within about 5 or 10 blocks of the river).

The Courtyard by Marriott is also nice, there is a very good restaurant down on the ground level called Rick Erwins, I went there a couple of times. I think the Westin is pretty nice too, it's a block north of the Courtyard.

You might also want to try Aloft, it's right by Tupelo Honey (loved that place). When I was up there a few years ago, there was a lot of new construction along Church Street, seems like there are some newer and/or renovated spots over there too.

Make a point to see Falls Park, and also the (minor league) baseball stadium a few blocks west, it is a miniature version of Fenway.
Hyatt Regency is smack in the middle of downtown and not a bad place either

Advertisement
anyone have a good suggestion on where to stay at Clemson ? I was considering staying somewhere near campus and renting a house with a bunch of guys but have no clue what its like there
try renting a house with a bunch of girls instead ....that would be a lot more fun unless you .....never mind.

When I went to Clemson in 2010 (I'm sure things have changed in 12 years) we stayed in Anderson, which is like 20 miles away. On gameday it took like 2.5 hours to get to Clemson.

Get u a hotel room in Anderson right off the exit heading into Clemson. Although if u wanna party then get u a room in Greenville & go downtown then go to Clemson on game day

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tailgating at Clemson- we are going to be driving from Greenville- any suggestions on where to tailgate - would love to tailgate with as many canes as possible
Just scroll through the parking lot bc everything else around there is Clemson dominant

Need to decide, one or all of TAMU, Clemson and one of the Virginia games.

do it jewish GIF

Advertisement
Back