Clemson Game

Good post. Like that game against Nebraska, this Clemson game is a huge opportunity. It's our chance to put this team back on the map. These players have a chance to go down in history and show the entire world who they are and what they can do.

Our players NEED to be dialed in. Not just on gameday, but for these entire two weeks leading up to it. They need to eat, sleep, and breathe football for two weeks. Because we can't afford a single mistake from anybody - no dropped passes, no missed assignments, no mental lapses.

We need to come out fast and aggressive and confident, come out attacking from bell to whistle, and then we have a shot.

I rag on South Florida kids a lot but I'll say this.... when they're rolling, I never bet against them. We have a lot of talent on this team. We have a lot of guys who will have long careers in the league. We need those guys especially to step up and take the prize on that day.

These kids have a great chance for glory. They need to take it. Clemson is on top of the football world - if we want that for ourselves, we need to smash their faces in and take the mantle from them. There can be only one team at the top. To be the best, you have to beat the best. No sleep, no mercy.
Amen, my brother.

Advertisement
Nice to see Realus having no regrets. His grandkids must be proud of him.

As for Clemson, our secondary is going to lose battles. So our DL needs to put pressure on Lawrence with only 4 guys rushing so they don't run away with it. Hopefully force some turnovers. And our offense has to score more than 30, probably more than 40, for us to have a shot at winning the game.

I know he struggled vs. LSU and in a few games over the years. But Lawrence is a generational QB. And if he's on, we're in for a long day on defense. We need to shrug off the lost battles to win the war.

Advertisement
Back